10 LED lights...which is brighter LW4000 or TT2D?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to purchase a light with 10 LED's (ie Lightwave 4000, Twin Task 2D and maybe Lightwave 4000 clone I found on eBay) but I wonder which is brighter.

I know the Lightwave 4000 runs on 3D's and the TT only uses 2D's but I wonder if anyone has both of them and can compare their output for me.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the TT 2-D uses only 7 LED's??

But I'm really curious, why would you want one of these multi-led lights when you can get a Luxeon one that is brighter?

GregR

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
nope, it can use either 5 or 10 LED's.

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
But I'm really curious, why would you want one of these multi-led lights when you can get a Luxeon one that is brighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's kinda silly, but I have LED lights with 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 LED's so I'd like to find a LED light with 4, 8 & 9 LED's just because. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Both are pretty close in output but that's not saying too much. My LW4000 gets cooked by just about every other high output light I've got including an X5T and an L4/E1e. I leave those in the garage for occasional lighting but their outclassed these days.

Al

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the LW4000. It's a good light for emergency use. I've never seen a running TT10LED, but I'd assume the LW would be brighter based on it's higher power source. If you want a light that's almost as bright as the LW, but much smaller and much cheeper get the Streamlight ProPoly 4AA 7LED. It's a great light. I was just comparing them. THe LW is a little brighter overall and the SL has a blueish color. (at least thats how mine stacked up).

chumley

Enlightened
How about the Streamlight 3C 10 led. I don't have the other 2 lights, but the 3C 10 led is cheap and tough. It has long runtime and is very bright. I use it around the house as a utility light, it has a good flood beam.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I guess that's as good any any excuse. A "full house" so to speak?

GregR

[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
nope, it can use either 5 or 10 LED's.

[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's kinda silly, but I have LED lights with 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 LED's so I'd like to find a LED light with 4, 8 & 9 LED's just because. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are just about the same in brightness. You won't notice the difference initially. Over time the TT will dim quicker, but has the incand. option if you need it.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Al_Havemann said:
Both are pretty close in output but that's not saying too much. My LW4000 gets cooked by just about every other high output light I've got including an X5T and an L4/E1e.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, your X5T is brighter than your LW4000?
Interesting...I'll have to compare how my X5T stacks up against my Streamlight 7 LED as well as my TT 3C using 6 LED's.

I am leaning toward the Twin Task 2D for a couple reasons.
One, I like the option of having the incandescent available.
Two, I've got the TT 3C, 2L & 1L already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone got a black TT 2D they'd care to sell me?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the TT 2D and was unimpressed, so I sent it back. (The TT 3C is much better.) I have the LW 3000 and like it a lot, so the LW 4000 would probably be a good idea.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, can't really advise on the options given, as I've never seen any of them, only 10 LED light I have is the Nuwai AT-100, seems decent enough, but I've nothing to really. Sturdy enough, and decent runtime though.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old 7 led Expedition seems to be brighter than my 2D twin task. I don`t have a lightwave. But I hear what you are saying...nice to have the complete line. My Streamlight 3aa LS has become my most used of the larger lights.

KenB

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, their pretty close...but yea...I will tilt my hat toward the Expedition...much whiter color too. But don`t get me wrong...I use the TT more...I like the low, high led option...often run it on only 5. Seem like...as someone said a while back...not that much brighter on ten...wider and maybe half again as bright. I hardly ever run the incandesant bulb....and only then for a few seconds.