Looking for High output LED module replacement for C size Maglite

kirby

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys!

I have a two cell and a 4 cell C size Maglite.

I would like to replace the bulbs with high output LED modules.

Terralux MiniStar31M-EX is great but it can only be fitted to a D size Maglite. http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tle-310-m-ex/

Those that can fit into a C size Maglite from Terralux are of lowish output around 140 lumens.

What other alternatives do I have?

Please make suggestion.

Thanks. :)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Unless you are really in love with the light the amount you would put into buying a drop in isn't worth the effort IMO. I don't know if you can still get parts to mod C cell Maglites still but when you could that would be what I would recommend instead and even that could end up costing close to the same or more than a similarly sized already made C cell light like perhaps the Rayovac indestructible C version or there are a few other C cell LED lights out there in the wild but not a lot of them. The 2C light would need a boost circuit unless you used lithium ion batteries or 123 primaries with an adapter while the 4C light would be easier to mod.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Malkoff does have C cell drop-ins for Maglites. There's an XP-G version that offers a narrower beam and more runtime, or a XM-L version for more output.