white switch boot?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are technical challenges in making a white, durable rubber boot that looks nice. Most of the silicone rubbers I've worked with are naturally smoky-white, and have to have pigments added to take on colors. White pigments tend to need a lot of bulk to 'fill' in a nice, opaque white, meaning a large volume of the rubber is just powderized pigment instead of durable stuff.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about glow in the dark boots? Lot of those around and they're reasonably close to white... until the lights go out, of course.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
could you point me in the direction of one that looks white-ish in the light, all the ones i could find look straight up green. thanks!

mr.lumen

Enlightened
yea that looks great, probably the closest i could get to white. so do you know where he got those from by any chance?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, that's Eagletac OEM... not sure if they sell them separately or not, or the size for your particular light. I just thought all the GITD stuff would be about the same.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Damn. It's just on every site I see they look so green in the light

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be just the marketing/product photo with the material charged with light. I doubt anyone would want to post a GITD for sale pic showing the stuff uncharged and in bright ambient light.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
That does make sense. I have seen gitd ones that looked green. I think it being green helps the green gitd powder they mix in the rubber resin since it glows the smae color

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
That does make sense. I have seen gitd ones that looked green. I think it being green helps the green gitd powder they mix in the rubber resin since it glows the smae color

The rubber is translucent, and the green GITD pigment looks green in the light (Since it is glowing).

merc240d

Newly Enlightened
I don't know of any acrylic paint that is that flexable or long lasting. Not much sticks to silicone.

ragweed

Enlightened
Bleach might work..! My black rubber O ring turned white in the washer from leaving it accidentally in my white shirt pocked.