The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Fenix TK22.

Default New Fenix TK22.

Hi guys. Just found this image in a chinese forum. Dunno if its fake. But theres no specs yet. http://www.wii.tw/~fogerdis/attachme...db0b010814.jpg

And its found to be true, here is the official tk22 website
    http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=130

Cheers
    Last edited by ieslei; 03-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    FENIX LD20 R4, TK12 R5, TK21 U2, TK35, QUARK Mini AA R5, THRUNITE A1. Zebralight SC51, now the SC52 on 14500 and Eagletac G25C2 MKII!

Default Re: New Fenix TK22.

I hope its real
    Asilaydying1984 ON YOUTUBE

wah looks pretty awesome. I hope it is real too.
    "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Nice if it's real, than it's a good looking light.

edit; and it's real http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...and-TK75/page4
    Last edited by kj2; 10-20-2012 at 04:54 AM.

This light, is the best thing ever. I wasn't impressed with the 13k cd until I read it was some sort of new OP reflector. Now I don't care if it's the same as my TK15, it will be awesome.
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."

This light will be awesome. I see Fenix is finally moving into the stainless steel bezel wagon. Way to go Fenix! I can't wait for this.
    "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Quote Originally Posted by lionken07 View Post
    I see Fenix is finally moving into the stainless steel bezel wagon.
    I would change the word moving to returning. Do you remember Fenix T1?

Arrow **NEW** Fenix TK22 (XM-L U2, 650lm, orange-peel)

According to Fenix website, TK22 is the First Flashlight with Lossless Orange-peel Reflector, delivering perfect beam. TK22 can be powered by 18650 Li-ion battery, 16340 LiFePO4 battery or CR123A Lithium battery. You may learn more here: http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=130

Default Re: **NEW** Fenix TK22 (XM-L U2, 650lm, orange-peel)

Thanks xlight. Do you, by any chance work for Fenix? Anyway, it looks like it has nicely placed levels and interesting features. Curious about the design of this "lossless" OP reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
    Curious about the design of this "lossless" OP reflector.
    lossless OP reflector = no living oranges were peeled in the making?

Any word on a release date yet?
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."

Quote Originally Posted by SimulatedZero View Post
    Any word on a release date yet?
    Coming early next month.

I know the head size is 40mm vs 34mm of the TK15, but other than also being just a little lighter in weight doesn't this more or less make it not as worthwhile to get a TK15 S2. I was looking at that light for a few weeks as possibly being my first single 18650 light, but now I'm not sure. And yes I know the beam intensity is a bit higher on the TK15 and probably throws a tiny bit farther, but other than that would any of you recommend the TK15 S2 over this coming light?

Or does it really just come down to: do you like a tighter beam with less spill but more intensity vs floodier beam with overall more output but slightly less throw? Is the difference of these two lights going to be sort of similar to the difference between a Jetbeam PA40 vs a Fenix E40 (using the E40 because that's the most recent light I purchased).

Does the smaller 34mm head make the TK15 seem noticeably smaller overall or more easy to pocket? I'm still interested in that light, but also wonder why Fenix didn't wait a bit and put an xp-g2 into the TK15. Maybe they are waiting to use those on an updated TK11 model? I always go back to that sleek design and wish they would keep it and upgrade it. It does seem as though they are moving their whole line to side switches these days though..... :/

Quote Originally Posted by martinaee View Post
    I know the head size is 40mm vs 34mm of the TK15, but other than also being just a little lighter in weight doesn't this more or less make it not as worthwhile to get a TK15 S2. I was looking at that light for a few weeks as possibly being my first single 18650 light, but now I'm not sure. And yes I know the beam intensity is a bit higher on the TK15 and probably throws a tiny bit farther, but other than that would any of you recommend the TK15 S2 over this coming light?

Or does it really just come down to: do you like a tighter beam with less spill but more intensity vs floodier beam with overall more output but slightly less throw? Is the difference of these two lights going to be sort of similar to the difference between a Jetbeam PA40 vs a Fenix E40 (using the E40 because that's the most recent light I purchased).

Does the smaller 34mm head make the TK15 seem noticeably smaller overall or more easy to pocket? I'm still interested in that light, but also wonder why Fenix didn't wait a bit and put an xp-g2 into the TK15. Maybe they are waiting to use those on an updated TK11 model? I always go back to that sleek design and wish they would keep it and upgrade it. It does seem as though they are moving their whole line to side switches these days though..... :/

well in my opinion wit the tk15 vs the tk21 id say go for the tk15 but now with the tk22 i think the tk22 is a better choice, similar throw, 250 more lumens, and a stainless steel bezel
    Asilaydying1984 ON YOUTUBE

I used to say go with the XP-G light all the way. That is until I got a chance to use a light with an XM-L drop-in at work for a few hours and wow, what huge difference the bigger hotspot makes. With my TK15 I have to search around a little bit to see everything in a room or car but, with the XM-L light it was click on "Yep, this room is clear" and that was it. Yeah, I can see a little bit farther with the TK15 but, the difference was not as big as I thought it was going to be. Personally, I would grab that TK22 the moment it comes out. It has all the advantages of the XM-L drop in plus: it's regulated, throws just as far, and has a smooth beam thanks to the LOP. The only advantages the TK15 S2 has are: lighter weight, slightly smaller, longer runtimes, and a little bit more throw. If those things are important to you then get the TK15; if not, get the TK22.

Also, the difference will not be as big as the E40 to PA40. The TK15 and TK22 will be much closer than those two lights.

Looks like you can get one in a week for 85 bucks shipped. I hope to see some detail reviews soon

Bill
    Pacific NW

Flashaholic*

I wish you were right but I doubt it - I'm afraid the TK11 (PD30, LD10, and LD20) will disappear from the Fenix website soon and every Fenix will be a side-switch job.
    I think the TK11 looked awesome too and despite having only the 2 modes the UI was simplier and less prone to selecting the wrong output mode.
    Last edited by Labrador72; 10-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador72 View Post
    I wish you were right but I doubt it - I'm afraid the TK11 (PD30, LD10, and LD20) will disappear from the Fenix website soon and every Fenix will be a side-switch job.
    I think the TK11 looked awesome too and despite having only the 2 modes the UI was simplier and less prone to selecting the wrong output mode.

I too also like the designof the tk11.. i like the two modes.. makes it so much easier then having all that other modes you have to switch around.. for some reasons i hate the side swich on the new ones although the silver bazel looks cool.
    LOVE ME A NEW LIGHT

All these newer models have voltage protection now (the tk22, tk21 and the newer s2 tk15). I know the tk21 had a problem with turbo and 18650 and if these newer models have the same issue, I will hold out on buying.

I emailed fenix and they said the tk21 turbo runtime issue with the 18650 was fixed last year. Does anyone have the new tk15s2 or a recently purchased tk21 that can verify turbo works fine with 18650 cells?

I might end up still going with the tk22 (if they now work with 18650s on turbo) over this for the better runtime across all levels and deal with less lumens.
    Last edited by skyrider; 10-25-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Sounds like an interesting light. The fact that the new E50 can put out 780 lm with a neutral white emitter on one 18650 but without regulation makes me quite sure that the TK22 should have a good regulation since it puts out "only" 650 cool white lm on one 18650. I also wonder if it has a step down. I would have preferred the mode switch at the tail so that you don't have to reposition your hand to change modes. One more thing i like to know is, can you activate strobe from off?

Quote Originally Posted by chouster View Post
    Sounds like an interesting light. The fact that the new E50 can put out 780 lm with a neutral white emitter on one 18650 but without regulation makes me quite sure that the TK22 should have a good regulation since it puts out "only" 650 cool white lm on one 18650. I also wonder if it has a step down. I would have preferred the mode switch at the tail so that you don't have to reposition your hand to change modes. One more thing i like to know is, can you activate strobe from off?
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by chouster View Post
    Yes and no. If it is anything like my TK15, then you will be able to. Push and hold the silver side button, then turn on the light either momentary or full on. The light will Flash bright for a split second then dim down like a slow strobe (this is the light switching into the next mode, I usually have it on turbo so it flashes to low for a second) then it will switch over to strobe. All of this happens really quickly and is an effective way to do it. Though, if you try to pull out the light and do this under duress you will fail. I have never been able to do it well under duress. There is one notable exception to that though. If you know you are going to be in a situation where the strobe function might be used then you can have the side switch already pressed and ready to go. I.E you are clearing a room or area. There are limited circumstances where that applies but, I have found it to be a useful tactic when applied correctly.

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by wjv;4049
    ^This

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by skyrider View Post
    Does anyone have the new tk15s2 or a recently purchased tk21 that can verify turbo works fine with 18650 cells?
    I have a tk21 and pd32 on my duty belt. Both have 18650's and work fine with them. The tk21 is always set to turbo, no issues yet. I've had it since hmmm, this spring maybe, forget when exactly I bought it.

Flashaholic*

Did you ever happen to hit the side switch accidentally and go from Turbo to the next level?

Can't say it's ever happened. The side button is pretty inconvenient and makes it difficult to change modes with gloves on. Hence why I keep a TK21 on turbo, and a PD32 on low, neither have ever changed in any way but deliberately.

who can contact ieslei who posted this post?

Wow, i want this light too!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast