New Fenix TK22.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
This light, is the best thing ever. I wasn't impressed with the 13k cd until I read it was some sort of new OP reflector. Now I don't care if it's the same as my TK15, it will be awesome.
:rock:

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
This light will be awesome. I see Fenix is finally moving into the stainless steel bezel wagon. Way to go Fenix! I can't wait for this.

xlight

Banned
**NEW** Fenix TK22 (XM-L U2, 650lm, orange-peel)

According to Fenix website, TK22 is the First Flashlight with Lossless Orange-peel Reflector, delivering perfect beam. TK22 can be powered by 18650 Li-ion battery, 16340 LiFePO4 battery or CR123A Lithium battery. You may learn more here: http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=130
8115014591_d744e640ab_b.jpg

8115016321_ef96871f0d_b.jpg

8115014345_c76018f370_b.jpg

Vesper

Enlightened
Re: **NEW** Fenix TK22 (XM-L U2, 650lm, orange-peel)

Thanks xlight. Do you, by any chance work for Fenix? Anyway, it looks like it has nicely placed levels and interesting features. Curious about the design of this "lossless" OP reflector.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know the head size is 40mm vs 34mm of the TK15, but other than also being just a little lighter in weight doesn't this more or less make it not as worthwhile to get a TK15 S2. I was looking at that light for a few weeks as possibly being my first single 18650 light, but now I'm not sure. And yes I know the beam intensity is a bit higher on the TK15 and probably throws a tiny bit farther, but other than that would any of you recommend the TK15 S2 over this coming light?

Or does it really just come down to: do you like a tighter beam with less spill but more intensity vs floodier beam with overall more output but slightly less throw? Is the difference of these two lights going to be sort of similar to the difference between a Jetbeam PA40 vs a Fenix E40 (using the E40 because that's the most recent light I purchased).

Does the smaller 34mm head make the TK15 seem noticeably smaller overall or more easy to pocket? I'm still interested in that light, but also wonder why Fenix didn't wait a bit and put an xp-g2 into the TK15. Maybe they are waiting to use those on an updated TK11 model? I always go back to that sleek design and wish they would keep it and upgrade it. It does seem as though they are moving their whole line to side switches these days though..... :/

Bwolcott

Enlightened

I know the head size is 40mm vs 34mm of the TK15, but other than also being just a little lighter in weight doesn't this more or less make it not as worthwhile to get a TK15 S2. I was looking at that light for a few weeks as possibly being my first single 18650 light, but now I'm not sure. And yes I know the beam intensity is a bit higher on the TK15 and probably throws a tiny bit farther, but other than that would any of you recommend the TK15 S2 over this coming light?

Or does it really just come down to: do you like a tighter beam with less spill but more intensity vs floodier beam with overall more output but slightly less throw? Is the difference of these two lights going to be sort of similar to the difference between a Jetbeam PA40 vs a Fenix E40 (using the E40 because that's the most recent light I purchased).

Does the smaller 34mm head make the TK15 seem noticeably smaller overall or more easy to pocket? I'm still interested in that light, but also wonder why Fenix didn't wait a bit and put an xp-g2 into the TK15. Maybe they are waiting to use those on an updated TK11 model? I always go back to that sleek design and wish they would keep it and upgrade it. It does seem as though they are moving their whole line to side switches these days though..... :/

well in my opinion wit the tk15 vs the tk21 id say go for the tk15 but now with the tk22 i think the tk22 is a better choice, similar throw, 250 more lumens, and a stainless steel bezel

SimulatedZero

Enlightened

I used to say go with the XP-G light all the way. That is until I got a chance to use a light with an XM-L drop-in at work for a few hours and wow, what huge difference the bigger hotspot makes. With my TK15 I have to search around a little bit to see everything in a room or car but, with the XM-L light it was click on "Yep, this room is clear" and that was it. Yeah, I can see a little bit farther with the TK15 but, the difference was not as big as I thought it was going to be. Personally, I would grab that TK22 the moment it comes out. It has all the advantages of the XM-L drop in plus: it's regulated, throws just as far, and has a smooth beam thanks to the LOP. The only advantages the TK15 S2 has are: lighter weight, slightly smaller, longer runtimes, and a little bit more throw. If those things are important to you then get the TK15; if not, get the TK22.

Also, the difference will not be as big as the E40 to PA40. The TK15 and TK22 will be much closer than those two lights.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened

Looks like you can get one in a week for 85 bucks shipped. I hope to see some detail reviews soon :)

wjv

Enlightened

ReallyReally.jpg

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish you were right but I doubt it - I'm afraid the TK11 (PD30, LD10, and LD20) will disappear from the Fenix website soon and every Fenix will be a side-switch job.
I think the TK11 looked awesome too and despite having only the 2 modes the UI was simplier and less prone to selecting the wrong output mode.

Last edited:

Hacken

Enlightened

I wish you were right but I doubt it - I'm afraid the TK11 (PD30, LD10, and LD20) will disappear from the Fenix website soon and every Fenix will be a side-switch job.
I think the TK11 looked awesome too and despite having only the 2 modes the UI was simplier and less prone to selecting the wrong output mode.

I too also like the designof the tk11.. i like the two modes.. makes it so much easier then having all that other modes you have to switch around.. for some reasons i hate the side swich on the new ones although the silver bazel looks cool.