7 cell Bianchi B-Lite mod search.

wugrut

Newly Enlightened
Having a really hard time finding a reflector / lens / LED combo that can drop into this big 7 cell B-LITE.

It has a lot of sentimental value because it was my dad's patrol light way back.

I have searched threads hear and all over the net, but there is extremely little anywhere even about this light... much less about upgrading it to the 20th century.

I really do not want to cut on the original parts and hope someone can offer direction or any help on this. It would mean a lot to me to make it a usable light again.

Thanks in advance for any help you folks might provide.

Rob

the reverend

Newly Enlightened
I too have had no luck. I have a 4 cell that was my fathers duty flashlight. The only thing I've been able to do is change the bulb to xenon (drop in replacement) and clean the contacts. I have gotten no help from the company that bought the rights from Bianchi.

wugrut

Newly Enlightened
If I find anything usefull I will let you know here. I hope you do the same.

CTS

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest you disassemble the light in it's entirety, photograph it and measure the key components. Then share that information here. There may be a single dropin or a handful of pieces that would solve your issue. There are lots of people on here that have modified a huge variety of flashlights. If it's possible to do, someone has done something similar on a similar light.

PhooBar

Newly Enlightened
To O.P.

I just picked up a 7 cell B-Lite at the flea market. I also own a couple of D cell Mag-Lites.
After taking them apart, it looks like they both can use the PR-20 bulb. I think an LED drop-in is the easiest way to go, without tearing up your dad's patrol light.

I just checked out the website at batteryjunction.com. They sell a 1 watt drop-in from TerraLUX for about 8 bucks. (NOT recommending that brand, or that site. Just trying to share what I found.)

I also found an older thread on this site, giving some opinions on the drop-ins from Terralux, Nite-ize and Malkoff. Worth reading. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?298615-Where-to-buy-Maglite-3D-LED-upgrade-bulb

Personally, I'm thinking about fitting mine up with the dazzler mod, maybe squeeze a green laser pointer in there somewhere. There seems to be a lot of dead space inside the head unit, so it's just a matter of modding and fitting the parts.

If anyone here has done such a thing, please share!

rabbiporkchop

Newly Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ne-ever-modified-one-of-these-for-more-lumens
spec3_zps8eqlqgdm.jpeg
spec4_zpsx2km2ut8.jpeg
spec5_zpsry78lbyo.jpeg

Jayrob did this for me

Last edited:

Latest posts