Armytek Predator Questions

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Hi guys! I'v decided to pull the trigger for an Armytek Predator xp-g2. I just have a few questions I'd like to ask and searching didn't provide me with answers.

1. What is the physical difference of the xp-g2 vs the xp-g? The reason I ask this is so that I can verify if the retailer indeed sent me a predator v2 w/ xp-g2 in it.

2. Will Armytek be releasing an xm-l version of the predator? I'd like to know since I might be pulling the trigger too early. Should I wait?

3. Where is this light really made? The website says Ontario, Canada but I heard from someone that it's made in china.

4. How does the predator xp-g2 perform against the likes of klarus xt11?

5. How many lumens is the predator otf or in ansi standards?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can tell the difference by a xp-g and xp-g2 by looking at the little square board that the emitter is built on.
xp-g is green, and the xp-g2 are more of a white or silver color.

armytek is based in canada, and their lights are made in china.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
5. How many lumens is the predator otf or in ansi standards?

I've read that the XP-G R5 does 370 OTF and XP-G2 will be 20% more. Mine started off as the XP-G and then I swapped an XP-G2 into it, you can see the difference in output. Skyfire is correct on telling them apart.

weez82

Enlightened
2. dont know if their planing on releasing an xml version but if they did it would lose throw. So do you want more throw or more flood?

4. selfbuilt has a review of the predator r5 and the klarus xt11. That should give you a good idea of how they differ. Also if you read his FourSevens XP-G2 review you'll learn about the differences between the xp-g r5 and and the xp-g2 r5. Basically it's anywhere from 5-20% more efficient and has tighter beam profile.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
you can tell the difference by a xp-g and xp-g2 by looking at the little square board that the emitter is built on.
xp-g is green, and the xp-g2 are more of a white or silver color.

armytek is based in canada, and their lights are made in china.

Thanks for this, I'll be sure to check it out once I get the predator. I'm really expecting a lot in terms of build quality and the richness of the ui. I've never heard of a light as customizable as the perdator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I've read that the XP-G R5 does 370 OTF and XP-G2 will be 20% more. Mine started off as the XP-G and then I swapped an XP-G2 into it, you can see the difference in output. Skyfire is correct on telling them apart.

Oh right, but the new predator outputs at 550+ lumens, right? How do you think this will compare to my xt11 in terms of throw and/or brightness?

HaileStorm

Enlightened
2. dont know if their planing on releasing an xml version but if they did it would lose throw. So do you want more throw or more flood?

4. selfbuilt has a review of the predator r5 and the klarus xt11. That should give you a good idea of how they differ. Also if you read his FourSevens XP-G2 review you'll learn about the differences between the xp-g r5 and and the xp-g2 r5. Basically it's anywhere from 5-20% more efficient and has tighter beam profile.

I'd really like a good balance of throw and flood, maybe something with a little bit more throw than the xt11.

I've read srlfbuilts review on thw xt11 and the predator but There's no review of and detailed shots of the predator v2 xp-g2 r5. And the have something called an smo reflector. Dont know if this is smooth or a mix of both smooth and op...

Last edited: