Best EDC Pocket Thrower under $100

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javelin "Shorty" with Frankenstein'd drop-in. CPF member orbital found out that Dereelight's XP-E pill combined with Ultrafire XM-L reflector can get a very interesting result...

This is his beamshot. The beam is, to say the least, VERY tight.
p1010687xx.jpg

I went through the trouble to make one for myself with Dereelight XP-E R4 pill and Ultrafire reflector, and it's doing around 13,000 lux. Below is what the actual light looks like.
01_itty_bitty_thrower.jpg

Definitely pocketable.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Man...to be honest with you I'm reaaaaally starting to like flashlights. It really started with this new job I have working nights where I'm outside a lot.

I never carried a flashlight until this job and being on this forum has really helped a lot in terms of understanding and education myself that is all flashlights.

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a preon p1 (40ish?), with a preon p0 spare battery capsule. 70 lumens at max, disappears in pockets, on carabiners, or whatever.

I really like my backpack carry light too though, a quark AA body with an XML head, with 14500 rechargeable batteries or 14505 primary batteries for outrageous performance from a fairly small light.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's what the Javelin Shorty looks like in my hand;
IMAG0455.jpg

It's not the brightest in its size category, but it's pretty darned small for something that can project a beam out to around 230 meters.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Here's what the Javelin Shorty looks like in my hand;
IMAG0455.jpg

It's not the brightest in its size category, but it's pretty darned small for something that can project a beam out to around 230 meters.

I'm really interested in this light. How do I come about getting one?

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Take a look at the affordable, waterproof and well built Lumintop P1C and Lumintop L1C. Both accept rechargeable RCR123 and disposable primary CR123 batteries. Not barn burners, but really nice pocket throwers with decent runtimes. My fav pocket thrower is the discontinued JetBeam Jet II IBS with a easy XM-L emitter upgrade.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the affordable, waterproof and well built Lumintop P1C and Lumintop L1C. Both accept rechargeable RCR123 and disposable primary CR123 batteries. Not barn burners, but really nice pocket throwers with decent runtimes. My fav pocket thrower is the discontinued JetBeam Jet II IBS with a easy XM-L emitter upgrade.

I'm really liking this light. How far do you think the beam distance on this is?

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
I'm really liking this light. How far do you think the beam distance on this is?

I'm able to see outdoor detail and, such as field mice, out to about 150 feet with OLD eyes. If I'm looking at distances farther than that, and detail is needed, out comes the HID lights. :D My age is a limiting factor.
I like to use Tascenlamps excellent resource for comparitive outdoor beam shots.
Link: http://taschenlampen-tests.de/?page_id=403