Gaps around LED emmiter

bebekhijau

Newly Enlightened
The last time i buy expensive flashlight was when fenix T1 era.
Recently i bought Xeno G5 and Sunwayman C10R and very dissapointed with their beamshots.
Their beamshots have dark ring around the center.
Further inspection i found that around their emmiter not 100% covered by reflector (not like my old fenix T1) please see the pictures.
And after some browsing i find that majority of flashlight outside there is using later reflector model so i expect all their beamshots will have dark ring around the center.

Anybody can enlighten me with this issue ?

hellokitty[hk]

Enlightened
I don't think that's what causes the doughnut hole (I think that's what you're talking about)?

bebekhijau

Newly Enlightened
doughnut hole = dark center as in doughnut ? in my case the center is bright but the donut body is slightly darker than center

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
The space you see is not a real issue, the problem is the actual curvature of the reflector matching with the emission pattern from the LED, and the depth that the LED is seated. Small differences, like in thousandths of an inch here can make the difference between having a darker center or perfect beam.

bebekhijau

Newly Enlightened
thanks yoda, i also find this issue with LD40 ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?295203-Fenix-LD40-review-lots-of-pics ) and get familiarize with that "donut hole" or "ringy beam with dead spot in middle"

The space you see is not a real issue, the problem is the actual curvature of the reflector matching with the emission pattern from the LED, and the depth that the LED is seated. Small differences, like in thousandths of an inch here can make the difference between having a darker center or perfect beam.