Proud Father Alert!

Vesper

Enlightened
Wow, congratulations to both of you! Since there's now a doctor in the family, you should in return suggest she pay for all those upcoming celebratory dinners out. :D

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I'll bump any thread that has to do with smarts & science!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: congrats to your family

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! I suspect that a certain two-year-old up here will do something like that in about twenty years.

...Are you going to tell her that you told your flashlight friends about it?

nbp

Flashaholic
That is quite an accomplishment! I have only a B.S. in biology, I can't imagine all the work to make Ph.D. :wow:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Working on a MBA myself, which is seriously infringing on my free time (and MBA's aren't so research-intensive as other master's degrees). A doctorate degree, on the other hand, is a heck of a commitment.

Congratulations to your daughter on her accomplishment and to you for what was doubtlessly a great deal of support.

Greta

Flashaholic
... which is seriously infringing on my free time..

Seriously!!! I'm just wrapping up my BSCJ after 3 years and I'm starting to get a bit panicky about what I'm going to do with myself when I'm done! I'm not sure I'll know how to do "normal" things anymore!! ... or manage a schedule that doesn't include 6 papers a week! The school asked me if I wanted to go on into the Master's program - I laughed and replied "Not bloody likely!!"... :eeksign:

Congrats Beam... well done! "Dr. Daughter" - has a good ring... ;) :twothumbs:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Seriously!!! I'm just wrapping up my BSCJ after 3 years and I'm starting to get a bit panicky about what I'm going to do with myself when I'm done!
I had 6 months of downtime between graduating with my bachelors' and enrolling in grad school and it was indeed an unexpected challenge at first... wish I could say I did something useful with it, but I quickly learned to slack again.