GT date ended

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NYC Flushing Meadows get-together

Great plan! Too bad I am stuck right in the middle of the third midterm exam to final exam month of college. The last day of the semester for me is December 19.

I have to pass on this one, but the next one I will be up for it. I have a Tigerlight already in my hands, with the 2C mag mod, a SL TL-2, E2e, and possibly a G2Z on the way in the next 2 months.

Too bad I can't attend, but have fun!
Jason

DaveT

Enlightened

I'm disappointed - first I missed the PhotonFest 2, now I'll have to miss this one. We'll be traveling that day. Enjoy it, guys.
Dave

balticvid

Newly Enlightened

I was brought up in Queens. Live in N.J now.
I would be glad to come provided you can furnish more detail
in the driving directions.

PhotonFest was lots of fun........I never saw so many lights in one place......we had a great time.

Catapult

Enlightened

I scouted some of the area today. The 7 train Willets Point station is pretty much a barren urban area. Just stadiums, mass transit depots, and parking lots. No commercial development, no stores. This is not a good place to meet. mcstorm's intended starting location is actually 2 kilometers, or 1¼ miles southwest of the station. That is where the pizzaria is, a decent place to meet.

Here are updates. These changes will also be reflected on the first post.

New directions.
The pizzaria is located at 63-29 108th Street and 63 Road. To get there, take the 7 train to 103 St. and transfer to the Q23 bus, southbound.
As an alternative, you may transfer to the same bus at 71st Continental Ave. station of the E, F, G, and R trains, and going northbound on the bus.
I suggest checking out a map website such as mapquest to get an idea, and obtaining a bus and subway map.
Here is a link to driving directions, courtesy of Jason: http://www.wpsl.info/maps/corona.html. These directions will not take you directly to the pizzaria, but it should be easy to follow the street signs. mcstorm did mention parking availability, but you'll have to figure that out when you get there.

Updated weather report.
Partly cloudy, 46ºF, 20% chance or precipitation, humidity 66%. Wind from the west southwest at 7 mph. Looks good so far. The target conditions are >40ºF, clear skies (less reflected light), no precipitation, and moderate humidity.

Boy, it's tough trying to set this up alone. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened

Catapult, is this still on, I missed this thread? How many people are meeting up?

ufoz, if you're going do you want to meet up somewhere and take the train out together?

Catapult

Enlightened

Yep, this is still on, Chief Wiggum. November 9 is the date.

Who's attending:
Furious Tiger
ufokillerz

Not confirmed
balticvid
Chief Wiggum

Responses on this thread is 7 out of 25+ NYC CPF members.

I'm surprised this thread has only received a few responses. The original NYC flashaholic thread had more confirmed interest. Should I PM those who responded with definiate interest there that didn't respond here?

ufokillerz

Enlightened

i wouldn't mind meeting up with you first Chief Wiggum. I am unsure of how to get there and i will be taking the train. Is The Flushing Meadows area safe? Crime stats?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Catapult, I'm sick at the moment, so not sure if I'll be sufficiently on the mend to come out on the 9th. I would if I could, though! Any flashaholic outing is a good outing in my book. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regarding your question about PM'ing people, yes yes YES! By all means send 'em each a PM about the outing. You'd be surprised how many people just forgot to look at the thread. You'll get a few more people for sure with a good PM campaign.

Hope you guys have fun! Chief_Wiggum, I'll be sorry to miss you. Ufokillerz is a good guy and no doubt will amaze everyone with his dazzling array of lights and accessories. You'll see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heck, if I make an amazing recovery I just might show up, heh heh... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Catapult

Enlightened

ufokillerz, I have yet to hear about any crime from Flushing Meadows. There is info on this in the first post. mcstorm said it is a safe neighborhood. I think with all our lights, 'evil doers' might mistake us for authorities or maybe even a UFO!

milkyspit, I hope you get better real soon! It would be an honor to have the host of the NJ get-togethers attend NYC's get-together.

Guys, here is a very important website that you should visit: MTA's website. It contain maps and service advisories to their transportation system. If you are having trouble with mass transit, this is the place that will answer your questions.

ufokillerz

Enlightened

i will most likely be coming to this event provided that all details are ironed out in time!!!. it would suck to have to stand in the cold all night and have no good place to gather and show off lights.

richpalm

Banned

Awwww... I can't make it-have to work on Sat. and Sun. night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Otherwise I'd definitely go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Thanks very much for the PM and invite though.

Milky-hope you're feeling better.

Rich

Catapult

Enlightened

Just to let everyone know, the very first post of this thread is constantly being updated, so I suggest checking it whenever you check this thread.

If anyone still has trouble getting to the target destination: 63-29 108th Street and 63 Road (the pizzaria), PM me and I will try to clarify it further with you. It is suggested that you pick up a Queens bus map, and a subway map if you are still unsure. MTA's website is also very helpful.

balticvid

Newly Enlightened

Sorry folks. I'm not going to make it.
(I was pushing it anyway)
I hope you all have a good time. Dress warm.

Catapult

Enlightened

I've finally been able to get back into CPF! Oh man! Only one other sure attendant; Furious Tiger, and one unsure; Chief Wiggum.

And with the current CPF accessing problems, there's no chance for any final confirmations.

For those really late to this thread, this is still on guys. Just head to the destination, no post necessary. Dress warm for the cold weather.