Prometheus        

Thread: Need help finding a 370nm UV LED keyring (in quantity)

Default Need help finding a 370nm UV LED keyring (in quantity)

These are hard to find... I need to find a supplier of UV LED keyfobs in the 370nm range (the 400nm ones are way too far outside the dominant wavelength I need). I want 5k of them, ideally they will be screenprinted with a custom logo. Does anyone have a good source for these with the above specs? Here's a pic of the basic case design (but it doesn't have to be this specific design, just something relatively small):

Price is obviously an issue at this quantity, so those places selling them for $5/each are not even a consideration.

Thanks!

Default Re: Need help finding a 370nm UV LED keyring (in quantity)

I figured there'd be 10 replies to this one by now I've always ordered supplies separately (LEDs, batteries, case, etc.) and have what I need manufactured, but in this case I need a ready-to-go item.

Or if someone wants to replace 5k LEDs by hand into the cheaper kits, I'd be okay with that, too ;-)

Did a quick search on mouser and 365 and 377 nm UV LEDs are $10-$30 each, cheapest ones are still $10 each at quantities of 200. I don't think you'll be getting anything decent under $5.

If you can find knockoff LEDs with the right wavelength, maybe you can ask the company who makes those keychain lights to make a batch of shorter wave UV ones for you with the knockoff LEDs.

Gunner,

After searching for bare LEDs a few weeks back, I would have come to the same conclusion on pricing. That said, I've already received a few quotes at <1/3rd the $5 cutoff, and that includes the screenprinting. China is great for that, but the problem is payment methods... typical payment is via bank-to-bank transfer, and the company I'm ordering for says that is an unacceptable method. I could order them through MY company, but then I run into conflict of interest issues, so...

I was just hoping someone out there had more contacts or know of a place with better pricing than what I've already seen AND accepts credit cards.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC
    Offering services for the commercial market in the following areas:
    * Laser engraving/cutting * CNC machining * Multi-color 3D Printing *

Anyone else? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC

Why does it have to be 370nm? That's a darn tough point to hit cheaply. Does royal-blue or 390 nm work well enough? Unless you're validating money or secret messages, you might be stuck at a higher price point or a longer frequency.
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.

Alibaba.com has several Chinese suppliers listed that can crank out low-cost UV lights with engravings for dirt cheap. Most of them even give you the option to choose the wavelength that you desire.

You'll need to contact the supplier through Alibaba and negotiate, but for what you require, it should probably work out. Hell, many of them even accept PayPal as payment method.

Good luck.

batteryjunction has some you can order in large quantities with UV but no mention of wavelength
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    Why does it have to be 370nm?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAppleSnail View Post
    Unless you're validating money or secret messages...
    Mmmm hmmm...

Trust me, if I could with a less expensive 390-400, I would...

And for those who have ever worked in/with the government, you know how picky they are about where items are billed from...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC

I think that these far-UV things are chosen just to make life more difficult for counterfeiters or cashiers - I'm not sure who is targeted. "Oh, you want to validate money? Buy this $100 validation light."
    My biggest light-hog is my camera.