Go to, Must have, Not EDC.

Yourfun2

Enlightened
What is your go to, must have flashlight and Why?

Mine has become the Nitecore TM11 neutral. I like the floodiness, not having to point it where I want to look. Especially when I step outside. I need to see in all directions at once. This light give me that ability.

weez82

Enlightened
there is already a thread very similar to this one. If you look at the stickies you will see it. It's called:[h=2]The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2[/h]

Yourfun2

Enlightened
Seems everyone has an EDC, I keep reading about them. I'm asking what light they go to other than their EDC. I never have to go to my EDC. Seems it is always in my pocket. What light is it you find yourself using that isn't in your pocket?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently it is a M3 head, M6 tube, MD10, and a beam diffuser. Both throw and glow!

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Seems everyone has an EDC, I keep reading about them. I'm asking what light they go to other than their EDC. I never have to go to my EDC. Seems it is always in my pocket. What light is it you find yourself using that isn't in your pocket?

Ah, I get it, you're talking about a SHTF back up light. One you can always trust to work everytime. Mine, for the moment, is a Solarforce host with the stainless steel bezel ring, a nailbender drop-in, and a McClicky switch.

Bornwithaflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Hi I'm new here but mine is a streamlight stinger because it is always charging in my car. What flashlight should I get next?? I saw something about deft any info would be nice.

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
If the question is, "What flashlight would you grab if you could only grab 1, and it HAS to work, in possibly extreme conditions for an unknown amount of time?", then my answer would be: my Surefire E2D LED, original 120/10 lumen model, running on Surefire CR123A primaries.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My "slightly" modified Mag-charger. Basically it's a stock mag-charger with a LOP reflector and updated battery and bulb. It's mounted by the rear door to our house, capable of covering the back yard, always handy, and has been a workhorse for something like 15 years so grabbing it is a pretty well ingrained habit <grin>. For "in the house" stuff I always seem to grab my trusty HDS EDC Basic 60 which has also been a workhorse for a number of years.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
a few surefires with malkoffs scattered around the house. simple, durable work horses.
there are a few E-series surefires around too.

scout24

Flashaholic
Malkoff Wildcat XP-G2. No way can or would I edc it, but for handheld stadium lighting it's tough to beat. Lights up EVERYTHING on high, and fills a room nicely on low. Simple, tough, even the kids understand how it works. No stepdown, no skipped modes, perfect. :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Wildcat XP-G2. No way can or would I edc it, but for handheld stadium lighting it's tough to beat. Lights up EVERYTHING on high, and fills a room nicely on low. Simple, tough, even the kids understand how it works. No stepdown, no skipped modes, perfect. :)

1350 lumens equates stadium level lighting? :thinking:

I get your drift, but seriously, 1350 lumens isn't nearly going to look anything like:

169i0bm.jpg

:D

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
1350 lumens equates stadium level lighting? :thinking:

I get your drift, but seriously, 1350 lumens isn't nearly going to look anything like:

169i0bm.jpg

:D

In a small room it does look like that. Even my small 500 lumen M91 is pretty blinding in my small square room.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Currently it's my Nitecore D11.2 for most jobs around the house. Love the extreme low and the high is most adequate.

Geoff

Samy

Enlightened
In the house my go to is my TK41. In the car I keep several lights but my high output go to is my Klarus ST20.

Cheers

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the house my go to lights outside are either my EagleTac M3C4 single XML throw monster or my pocketable (but not edc'able) Olight M21 X which is a mid-range thrower. Inside, my go to light is usually my Zebralight SC600. It has a perfect moonlight mode which I use to navigate the house in the wee hours of the morning when I get up so I don't wake my wife. I'm looking forward to the new Zebralight SC52 for this role.

When camping my go to light is my Zebralight H51Fw headlight....hands-free floody & neutral goodness with the best UI around. If I go for a run before sun up or if I go on a night hike then I opt for the Zebralight H600 for the better runtimes and extra power as needed.

My edc lights are a Quark AA (now called Quark Pro QPA) and an ITP A3 EOS (now called an Olight I3.) Neither of my edc lights can fill the roles of the lights listed above nearly as well.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
my go to IS my EDC. It's my warm BB Ti 119 Mule.

other than that, if i grab a light, it's whatever I feel will get the job done. Which is all of them, because Surefire.
I select one depending on whether they will be will be beaten, if I need flood or throw and how long I need it to run.
Ex.: Working on something C3 with M91W, walking around the block, M4 with warm nailbender.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
That mule is nice.

I normally use my latest light. Currently I mostly use my Mr. Elfin M11R neutral for in-house and around (garbage or grabbing something from the car.) I also like to go for my V11R high CRI every few nights. Other than that, it might be one of the lights I keep in the night stand drawer: Quark 123 tactical neutral, Q123 regular high CRI or neutral, LD15, LD05 or the IFE2 on the night stand.