My Inova 24/7 just up and died.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
It was dry. It was off. It had a good battery. I switched batteries and caps with a working 24/7, and nothing....maybe it was hit by an EMP.

Any ideas before sending it to the E. R.?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I know you probably already tried this, but did you put the original battery and cap back on to see if it works?
And did you install the battery correctly? Button (+) side facing outward in this flashlight.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
tried it all boys...nothing!

and it was still on its original battery....never dropped or muddied or anything...weird huh?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I think I remember reading something about one of these having similar problems. Did you take the battery out while it was switched on, or was it in the off position?

I seem to recall if you take the battery out while its in one of the on positions, is messes up the micro controller. I don't remember how to fix it though. If you do a search, you should be able to find the thread I'm talking about.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
nope...it was quietly in the off position when I went to turn it on.
I will try the 5 minute cleansing idea....

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
IT'S ALIIIIVE!!!!!
the 5 minute starvation diet made it light up again.

it's failure was weird though...thanks for the help

vladuz

Newly Enlightened
Congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You have a new baby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

alanz

Newly Enlightened
My 24/7 arrived with only 4 of the positions working properly. I tried EVERYTHING... taking the battery out, leaving it out for 24 hours, reinserting it in various switch positions, etc. Every technique in every message I could find was applied with mixed, but not correct results.

Sometimes the unit works in different switch positions, but it's not consistant. The dealer is sending a replacement light.

So, sometimes all the voodoo in the world won't fix a flaky microprocessor or switch < s >