The most safety flashlight?

nuw040

Newly Enlightened
Which flashlight was used by fireman in USA, UK, AUS and other country?
I'm planing to buy a reliable safety flashlight to my girlfriend and looking for advice, please help.
THANK YOU

kev1-1

Enlightened
By safety do you mean personal safety? Or safety as in 'need a good light for camping?' Or for keeping in the car in case of emergency e.t.c Could you elaborate a little?
The use determines the light!
grin.gif

nuw040

Newly Enlightened
My main purpose is that flashlight can be normally operating in dangerous area, such as flammable gases's zone without any explosion.
THANK YOU

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Streamlight makes the rugged, rechargeable, waterproof plastic Stealthlight, which seems to be a fireman standard here..

Brock

Flashaholic
Depending on what enviroment she will be using it in, I would take a good look at the UKE 2L, it's small, reliable, and good runtime.

PACKERBACKER

Newly Enlightened
I have the underwater kinetics 300 and 4aa as2. Both are for hazardous locations with a zero overpressure water-proof case. the uk300 withstands a 30 foot drop to concrete and the uk4aa a 6 foot drop. I like them both for good solid work light.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need more info. I can name a very large number of Div1 and Div2 lights.....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Benedict, d'oh, thanks for the correction.
wink.gif

Stealthlight is by Pelican..

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I just bought a Syclone! Great worklight, but works better with writeright. Probably not as handy as a flashlight.

If you're looking for an "around the house" light, I'd think about the Streamlight 4AA7LED. Has all the ratings, runs a good while on the batteries, and nice even beam.

red_jeep

Newly Enlightened
I think you're talking about an "Intrinsically Safe" light.

I've been looking at the Streamlight Syclone. It's got incandesant and LED backup. Pretty cheap (around $30) if you get the AA only version. AC/DC charger packs can run you up to $100 for the works.

donn

Newly Enlightened
Hello there, thought I'd quit lurking. Anyway I don't know if these are used by any of the above services but check out:
www.wolf-safety.co.uk
some interesting gear on there.
DM

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with Streamlight. I had a rechargeable Pelican Stealthlight for a while and didn't like it. It wasn't all that bad, but IMO it doesn't compare to Streamlights. As far as models go... it's mostly a matter of personal preference.

-Mike

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I work in a potentially hazardous (flammable, explosive) enviroment on a daily basis. We used to use the Pelican Stealth light. We are now issued the Responder 4AA.