Jetbeam        

Thread: POOF! --->EagleTac G25C2 MK II XM-L U2 856L

Default POOF! --->EagleTac G25C2 MK II XM-L U2 856L

Worked for 60 seconds and now its dead. Wow was it bright and had awesome throw. Bummed out that it broke. I have tried 4 batteries and checked threads and contacts and its dead. Must be a loose wire or bad chip??? I was testing the modes and it just quit.

Anything else I can try or look at?

Default Re: POOF! --->EagleTac G25C2 MK II XM-L U2 856L

On second look and edit I took a wire, removed the tailcap and shorted the back out and it came on. WTH? Is the clicky bad?

Testing more........

OK I think I found it. There is a threaded ring right before the tailcap and it was blocking the tailcap from screwing on and making contact with the tube. Holy cow what a bad design. I can only imagine how many returned lights they will get. You unscrew the tailcap and the ring turns and its BAM dead light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaysrebellion View Post
    OK I think I found it. There is a threaded ring right before the tailcap and it was blocking the tailcap from screwing on and making contact with the tube. Holy cow what a bad design. I can only imagine how many returned lights they will get. You unscrew the tailcap and the ring turns and its BAM dead light.
    Most tailcaps are like this.

Tighten the ring so it doesn't unscrew when the tail is tightened.

Flashaholic*

Could it be because of lock-out? Most lights with anodized threads tend to do this to prevent accidental activation.

Quote Originally Posted by ledmitter_nli View Post
    Most tailcaps are like this.
    Tighten the ring so it doesn't unscrew when the tail is tightened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresius View Post
    Could it be because of lock-out? Most lights with anodized threads tend to do this to prevent accidental activation.
    No, Shaysrebellion is correct. The issue stems from the threaded plastic cover that hides the clip attachment point on the body of the light, near the tailcap.

I just discovered this myself on my G25C2 ... changed the battery yesterday, and light wouldn't come on. Thought it was the tailcap at first too, since the light worked fine when shorted at the tail. But that wasn't it - the cover had apparently loosened slightly, and was blocking the tailcap from screwing down all the way. Due to anodized threads, the light was thus stuck in lock-out mode.

Took me a couple of minutes to figure it out - it was only when I noticed the clip cover wasn't flush with clip that I clued in as to what was going on. I'm just about to make a note about it in my G25C2 review. Sounds the like the same potential issue is occurring the the MKII version as well. In fact, I would expect this to be possible with any light that uses a threaded clip cover ring.
    Last edited by selfbuilt; 10-24-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

It's the retaining ring for the clip. Make sure you keep it nice and tight, try not to grab it when unscrewing the cap. Same design on the D25 clicky and on my Quark AA. A little loose and it stops the cap making contact with the top of the tube.
    I'm glad it was that simple, the first post had me worried. My sister is headed stateside tomorrow and this one is on my list!!

Same thing happened to my 4Sevens turbo a few weeks ago.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

am glad that we figured it out!!