• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: PhotonfFanatic Custom Made 365nm Ultraviolet Flashlights

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, these have been sold.

365nm UV Flashlights

I've designed and built a couple of UV flashlights, primarily for use in curing Norland Optical Adhesive by the CPF modders. But they obviously can be used for a variety of reasons:
  • Curing
  • Sterilization
  • Medical
  • Currency Verification
  • Fluorescence Microscopy
  • Inspection of dyes, rodent and animal contamination
  • Leak detection
  • Forensics
  • Mineral identification

These lights have a LEDENGIN LZ1-00U600 UV LED which produces 320mW of ultraviolet light with a 365nm peak.That means these flashlights should be used with UV filtering goggles as this is more than enough power to damage your eyes!!

The body of these lights is machined from 7068 Aluminum, one of the hardest alloys available, stronger that 7075, in fact. The lights are O-ring sealed, have a 2mm mineral glass lens, a McR-20 reflector and are driven by a GD750mA driver. The battery is an AW 18650 Lithium-ion with 2600mAH.

The light is operated by twisting the two pieces together to turn it on; there is a silicone gasket between the battery and the driver board that eliminates battery rattle when the light is off. It takes about 1-2 minutes to fully cure NOA 61, although the epoxy is pretty solid after just 30 seconds of exposure.

The two lights in operation:

UVs_Final-1.jpg

Side by side comparison:

UVs_Final-2.jpg

There isn't a lot of difference between the two designs, but the one on the left, call it Light A, has shallower dimples and the grooves stop before reaching the dimples. Light B , on the right, has very deep dimples and the grooves actually intersect the dimples. Needless to say, I was just trying a couple variations in anticipation of future lights. :)

The business end of the lights, showing the McR-20 reflectors:

UVs_Final-4.jpg

If you want to see some WIP photos take a look here.

Important reminder: These are not low-powered 5mm LEDs--these UV lights can easily damage your eyes. You must use UV filtering goggles for protection.

As will all my sales, the first to post an, "I'll take it," gets it--with payment expected within a day through PayPal.

Price: $350 with First Class shipping via USPS in the United States.Overseas buyers can select their choice of delivery, but must pay for that service.

Please send payment via PayPal to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Thanks.

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale: PhotonfFanatic Custom Made 365nm Ultraviolet Flashlights

Fred

PP sent for one of these beauties.

Mohan

S1LVA

Enlightened

I'll take the remaining light.
PP already sent :)

I am hoping you can get this out today. Maybe I will get it tomorrow, I am also in MA.

Thanks,
S1LVA

S1LVA

Enlightened

The light came today! Now I wont be bored during the hurricaine!

Anyway, it is a real piece of art. Once I can afford it, I would love something similar with a nice warm tint LED. Basically the same light but with a visible beam!

The UV is fun and different. I will probably use it for curing Norland.

Thanks again for the awesome light.
S1LVA

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent light - arrived here in the UK. It just cleared NY a day before the Storm.

Very bright UV beam - excellent throw. Most powerful UV light I have. I purchased this UV Led before and reflowed it onto a SVM Ti+ but it was not as bright as Fred's light. I was hoping to use the variable control ring to good use.

Now I have to go and mill some trit slots.

Thank you very much for creating this wonderful tool.

Last edited: