control ring feel Jetbeam RRT series VS. SWM V10R Ti+?

zonanrun

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I've recently seen the V10R Ti+ and it looks very interesting but I am curious about the control ring of the Ti+.

Does it feel the same as the regular V10R? Or is it lighter effort to turn than the V10R?

and how about RRT series?

Thanks,

herosemblem

Enlightened
I have an RRT-0. The control ring turns extremely easy, and provides next to no resistance. I have thin, weak, woman-like fingers.

I also have a V11R, and the ring has significantly more resistance. What's interesting about the V11R, though, is that the initial turn of the ring is quite slow because of the strong resistance. After a couple consecutive and quick turns back and forth, the ring momentarily becomes easier to turn. But as soon as you stop turning it, then try to turn it again, it reverts back to increased resistance. To sum up the V11R's ring, it tends to be on the "difficult" side of the spectrum, but even the ring itself is variable in the amount of resistance it provides. Variable lumen output AND variable ring resistance.

LowFlux

Enlightened
I have a V10R Titanium (not Ti+) and a V10R "regular" HAIII with XML...the Titanium has a much smoother action then the HAIII V10R. I don't know if the comparison is due to Titanium vs. HAIII or if they used a different lube, but the V10R in Titanium has the better feel between the two IMO.

rewdee

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the feel of the jetbeam's (i have the rrt-0) control ring compared to the SWM. Its a lot smoother and feels really solid with a quality kind of feel. I have read somewhere they use ball bearing compared to the SWM that uses only grease. Also the SWM has shorter turn.

I had own both the swm v10r Ti and Ti+ and my Ti had nicer feel to the control ring than the Ti+. I think the swm's ring feels different from one copy to another due to the use of grease. But one can always try to open up the ring and change the grease to get the prefered feel. Not easy but doable.