Fenix ld12 question

Madskillz

Newly Enlightened
Hey all new here. I just got myself a Fenix LD12 light with the XP-G S2 emitter and I have a few questions. I left the light running on the highest setting for an hour using an enneloop battery and the light got pretty warm I assume this is normal. But now the hot spot is pretty green in colour and has a small dark spot on the edge. The greenish colour is a little annoying! Anyone have a similar experience?

thanks!

pinetree89

Enlightened
I think you'll be fine. The LD12 only pushes out 120 lumens or so with a fairly good size body of Aluminum to heat sink the light. I don't think overheating will be a worry.

S2 emitters have been known to be somewhat on the greenish side at times. I've got a couple Foursevens lights with S2 emitters and they are quite green too. I've got an LD12 too, but it's the older R5 model with a nice cool white tint. Around here they call this the "tint lottery". Sometimes you win, other times you loose.

And by the way: :welcome:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
The dark spot on the side of the led might be an artifact such as glue or a smudge on the dome of the led. It seems to be not uncommon in my experience. I just ordered a LD12 myself but got the old R5 due to the possibility of a greenie.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
With tints is pretty much a lottery as you said.
In April got a Fenix PD31 and almost everybody was saying this light was ringy as hell and got a perfectly clean beam, probably the nicest beam of all my Fenix lights.
I bought a second PD31 from another reseller a month later, same serial number on the head, just 500 units lower, and it has greenish tint though noticeable mostly on the lowest output.
Not much you can do about it. In any case, it's annoying mostly on white walls, when you use the light outdoors you won't notice it as much.