XSearcher & NIghtmaster V2... My observations ;)

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
First I will apologize for pictures taken with low quality cell phone camera. My olympus is broken and on repair but I don't know to take night shots anyway :)

NIGHTMASTER V1, NIGHT MASTER V2, XSEARCHER (I should put old dbs aspheric in this picture but I forgot)

2012-10-26-210925.jpg

So what is new?
- Better focusing system
- New brass pill holder
- new ring that secures and presses emitter on driver
- better lenses
- Better switch
- Better heat sink
- Much nicer design
- Improved rifle recoil prof
- brass ring on head spring for mode changing and better current conduction

CameraZOOM-2012102621155858.jpg
CameraZOOM-2012102621164487.jpg
CameraZOOM-2012102621181628.jpg

BEAM?

Nightmaster V2

- It has classic beam well known with plenty of pictures on this forum but this time throw on my meter goes 91 klux/m (that means that U guys will have over 100kcd)

XSEARCHER

- Well I know why they called it xsearcher because it has X shaped beam in circle :)... Hard to explain even on my pictures. U got to try to see that... I still don't know what to think about beam... So far it looks strange to me :)

CameraZOOM-2012102621401385.jpg
CameraZOOM-2012102621483543.jpg

U2 emitter has massive throw similar to crelant aspheric(slightly more) and my meter says 80 klux/meter (your meter will say 90 or more)

EZ900 Q5 in Xsearcher throws very far with tiny beam... How far? I would say over 1000 meters. My meter says 140 klux/meter (your will say 150 or more kcd) It is bright like hell with tiny beam... Not sure I like it but it can throw further than any led flashlight I tried in my life...

MODE CHANGING:

I always preferred high only but this baby does it all!

Tighten flashlight tube firmly to its end and U will have high only mode or extreeme mode like deereligt says.

Unloose tube just a bit and U will have low-medium-high mode... Is that usefull? Well yes... Put it on medium and search blood
trail or whatever U want for hours...

CONCLUSION
Well after I tried them I can say that I am astonished with the quality of new Nightmaster V2 that is still number one to me and it suits just fine for hunting purposes. It is improved over older versions in every possible way... My recommendations...

XSEARCHER is same thing with bigger aspheric with massive U2 throw up to 600 meters or extreme EZ900 throw up to 1000 meters...
This is excellent search lite with wide XML inside or for extreme throw fans with EZ900 inside... And it is probably great base for tuning as it has great heat sink...

Well I am not reviewer and I will wait for better review than mine but U can see what U can expect :)

Awaiting for your opinion guys.

See you...

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank-you very much for the comparison picks of all 3! Really can see the difference between V1 and V2 of the nightmaster. Been thinking about getting one. Might have yo wait for a review of the XSearcher.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the comparison review & pics.
What difference in lux readings do you see between V1 & V2 with the same EZ900 pill?

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Thanks for the comparison review & pics.
What difference in lux readings do you see between V1 & V2 with the same EZ900 pill?

about 5000 lux difference between Q5 EZ900 same pills because of better lenses...

So If U have old R2 EZ 900 U could have even 5000 lux more...

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info (about +5k lux). I have a R2 EZ900 2.1A pill so my V1 works well enough - probably not worth the upgrade cost for me.

about 5000 lux difference between Q5 EZ900 same pills because of better lenses...

So If U have old R2 EZ 900 U could have even 5000 lux more...

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Nightmaster V2 is made for hunters so it is certainly one of the most durable flashlights that can withstand high caliber rifles recoil...

Newest model has better lenses and it also has better heat sink for your hard driven pill...

Probably U will not get much in throw but overall night master V2 is completely new flashlight... I don't know do U have DBS or NM?

With night master V1 it shares only tube and switch. With dbs v1, V2 it does not share anything...

So NM2 is completely new flashlight improved in every possible way...

Consider Xsearcher... I don't know how your hard driven 2.1 amp EZ900 R2 works because if Q5 EZ900 in XSearcher throws 150kcd your should throw at least 180kcd right? U will have tiny beam but it can throw (works well on 50+ meters)

Heads between Xsearcher and Nightmaster V2 are interchangeable so U could easily have combination for play and work...

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a NM V1, so NM V2 head/lens is probably the only real difference. I might consider the Xsearcher head if they ever sell it separately but I'm not sure what I'd do with the tiny beam as I won't use it for hunting...

Nightmaster V2 is made for hunters so it is certainly one of the most durable flashlights that can withstand high caliber rifles recoil...

Newest model has better lenses and it also has better heat sink for your hard driven pill...

Probably U will not get much in throw but overall night master V2 is completely new flashlight... I don't know do U have DBS or NM?

With night master V1 it shares only tube and switch. With dbs v1, V2 it does not share anything...

So NM2 is completely new flashlight improved in every possible way...

Consider Xsearcher... I don't know how your hard driven 2.1 amp EZ900 R2 works because if Q5 EZ900 in XSearcher throws 150kcd your should throw at least 180kcd right? U will have tiny beam but it can throw (works well on 50+ meters)

Heads between Xsearcher and Nightmaster V2 are interchangeable so U could easily have combination for play and work...

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Differences between night master V1 and V2:

- Head/lenses(different and much better design with improved heat sink and better lenses),
- Better focusing system
- Better brass pill(which has special ring that presses emitter hard to thermal paste and brass) look on my pictures,
- Brass ring on internal head spring for better current conduction...

Friend Xsearcher does not have "tiny beam" it comes with very wide XML pill that can throw far as Nightmaster V1 with EZ900 Q5 pill... In another word better than Crelant aspheric...

Xsearcher in combination with EZ900 is to tiny for hunting in my opinion but it is excellent for playing with trow because if throws more than 1000 meters! In this configuration throw becomes usable from 50+ meters...

I just told you if U R fan of throw that U can use your EZ900 R2 2,1amp pill that will throw more than 180 klux/m for sure... But you are obviously not willing to experiment :)

I am not sure if U can get Xsearcher head only but you can try to contact them...

XML in Xsearcher is driven to 2,8 amp in extreme mode so I recommend only best batteries for it... It destroys my cheap blue crappy fires in less than 45 minutes :)

Old versions are nice flashlights but this is much better!

Like old versions of golf mk4, mk5, mk6 :)

Edit:
Adding new data and measurements:

Especially for people buying Xsearcher... Buy XML U3 emitter because it throws further than U2 version...

Here are measurements with TES 1332A digital multimeter taken by Alan from deerelight factory. Distance 6,4 meters converted...

XSearcher-XM-L U3 -->102.4Klux/m
XSearcher XR-E EZ900 Q5 -->164.6Klux/m
NM V2-S -->90Klux/m

So finnaly XML throws further than XRE ez900 in aspheric flashlight
smile.gif

It is very possible that all of U guys will get higher readings than this because TES 1332A takes lower readings than other meters!

Last edited:

Paddy

Newly Enlightened
Any idea of where i could buy the XThrower with the XML U3 emitter in the UK (or who ship to UK)?

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
My brother asked if I could test the performance of his Night Master V2.

Here's a review of it:

I reached out to Dereelight, and Alan responded within a day. They still have a few but they mostly sell the updated models.