Swap My PD32 for a PD32 S2 ?.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I have had my PD32 for some 10 months now, and looking at the PD32 S2.

Should I invest in one, or wait on for maybe something like this but even better from Fenix?.
i always think i would buy it, and next month they would produce something the same, but even better than the S2...'DOH' :shakehead!.

has anyone upgraded from the PD32 to the PD32 S2?.

would I notice the difference, really?.

this looks like a good value pd32 s2 seller too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fenix-PD3...?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item20cb17f84d&_uhb=1

thank you all, good day.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
from 315 to 330 lumens. You wont be able to tell the difference at all. I guess one will look newer than the other, but other than that, no big difference.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
You'll notice if you lose the tiny lottery on the new one :)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always swap your emitter (or have someone do it) for the newest XP-G2, it's suppose to be a 20% increase. Noticeable difference on Armytek predator, Quark AA2 and Xeno E03.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll notice if you lose the tiny lottery on the new one :)

Yes, the S2 does have the "tint lottery" for sure, some are good, some not-so good.

weez82

Enlightened
What dont you like about your PD32? Why do you want to upgrade it? You wont notice a difference going to the S2 other than beam tint.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
What dont you like about your PD32? Why do you want to upgrade it? You wont notice a difference going to the S2 other than beam tint.

thanks,.....i love the pd32, just wanted to see if those extra 15 Lumens would be a big difference. will wait to see what comes after the pd32 s.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the tint tiny lottery ? lol..
thanks,

Sometimes you will get a light with a very greenish tint with lights that have the "newest" emitter in them. The XP-G S2 is one of those, you could get a good tint but you also stand a chance of getting the greenish tinted one which I totally despise.

Getting a nice white tint is what is referred to as "winning the tint lottery", you get the green and you lose.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the tint tiny lottery ? lol..
thanks,

Tint lottery is when some emitters, even within the same bin, give you a "not so white" tint.
Some of the S2 bins have been known to have a greenish tint when compared to the R5 bins.
Tint lottery is a random thing, sometimes you get a nice white tint, sometimes you get greenish, blueish, purplish...

Also as mentioned above, you probably won't notice a difference in brightness when going from R5 to S2.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint lottery is when some emitters, even within the same bin, give you a "not so white" tint.
Some of the S2 bins have been known to have a greenish tint when compared to the R5 bins.
Tint lottery is a random thing, sometimes you get a nice white tint, sometimes you get greenish, blueish, purplish...

Also as mentioned above, you probably won't notice a difference in brightness when going from R5 to S2.

thank you so much, ..will surely now be sticking with the PD32 as it is.