Backwards Pre-Flash on Maelstrom G5.

adhesivehandle

Newly Enlightened
I purchased this light for less than a week, and today I noticed while softpressing or hard pressing the Medium mode on my Maelstrom G5, I would get a initial flash of Moonlight Mode and then it would switch to the normal Medium mode. It only seems to happen with Medium Mode apparently and it only started happening today. What is the reason for this, because I don't recall this problem while using it for the first couple of days. Could it be a faulty tailcap or is the light itself just defective? Has anyone had similar issues?

Last edited:

weez82

Enlightened
I dont know. I took it out the box tested it out then cleaned and lubed it and then tested it again. Everything worked so I put it back in the box. Medium mode has pre-dim and moon mode has pre-flash

radioactive_man

Enlightened
My Maelstrom G5 (XP-G R5) and my Maelstrom X7 (XM-L T6) both have this reverse pre-flash, and they've had it right out of the box.

adhesivehandle

Newly Enlightened
I dont know. I took it out the box tested it out then cleaned and lubed it and then tested it again. Everything worked so I put it back in the box. Medium mode has pre-dim and moon mode has pre-flash

Thanks. This is an off-topic question, but with the grip-ring attached to the Maelstrom G5, do you guys find yourselves frequently unscrewing the grip-ring when changing modes on the Maelstrom G5? I've unscrewed the grip-ring slightly quite a few times and even loosened the retaining ring on the tail-cap somehow, to the point where I had to screw it back in with pliers so the light won't flicker when I soft press the tail-cap button.