Condensation inside head

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I just got a Jetbeam RRT01 in the mail on Friday.
After it's been on a while, condensation forms inside the head. The higher the output, and the warmer it gets, the more condensation.
After varying amounts of time it seems to go away once it's turned off.
I've inserted a picture below.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I send it back? Anyway to get rid of it?

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/eloreno/photo3.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had this problem on some of my lights (not on my two RRT01's though). My understanding is that the light has been assembled on a humid day and some moisture remained trapped inside.

What I do: if I can open the head I remove the lens and leave it out for a while on a dry day; in case this is not possible I leave the head alone out in the sunshine for some hours in a windy day. Until now the latter cure has always worked. The whole light might be water resistant but the head alone it is not so through its back the trapped humid air can escape.
If you take out the lens do not touch the reflector surface, you will regret it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Rice is a great desiccant bury the open light in a bowl of uncooked rice for a few days.

Norm

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tips guys, I put the head in rice overnight, and it seems to have solved the problem!

scrumpy

Newly Enlightened
Rice = Useful tip - I have this issue occasionally. Have also used those gel/crystal packs that come with lights by putting them in the tube and leaving light in airing cupboard or somewhere warm for a day or two.

Latest posts