Streamlight Knucklehead and lithium batteries.

Tec40

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anybody knows why the Streamlight Knucklehead worklight can't be used with lithium batteries? It does'nt say anywhere in the instructions that it voids the warranty,but on the bottom of the battery carrier,it says that the use of lithium batteries voids the warranty.

Tec40

Newly Enlightened
I'll give a little more info. When I bought the light from brightguy,it said in their description that the light is compatible with lithium batteries,so I'm wondering is it,or is'nt it?

Illum

Flashaholic
From the general consumer perspective, "AA lithium battery" means the LiMnO2 variety, nonrechargeable cells made by energizer. These cells have a nominal voltage of about 1.7V/cell and is close to alkalines. Only on this forum does "lithium batteries" written in product nomenclature actually pertain to LiCoO2 or "li-ion" rechargeable cells. Li-ion have a nominal cell voltage of 3.7V/cell... its only common sense that 4 of these should not be used in a 4AA light meant for alkalines

Tec40

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Illum. I knew that the lithium AA'2 were 1.7V,but I have used the 1.7V in other LED lights (like the Romisen G2,the old 40 lumen Streamlight Propoly 4AA,an Energizer Hard Case Angle Light) and had no problems at all. Maybe I just got lucky that these other lights are'nt damaged??