New SF 6P owner.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Hello, I just stumbled onto this forum and what a forum. I really didn't know a forum like this even existed. Anyway I wanted to say hey and that I am a new owner of a SF6P. I am really impressed with this light. I have a few mags-2-AAs, 2-3Ds and this 6P is so much briter then my mag 3Ds. So if you have any info that I need to know about this 6P, let me know. (and I thought I was the only flashlight freak out here
smile.gif
)

Thanks

Bill
smile.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard, Bill! Best advice I can give is to check out Sunnbattery.com or Cheapbatteries.com for those expensive 123a batteries. They are much less expensive when bought online in quantity.

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hello and welcome Bill!!
Be careful...there are people here who will talk you out of thousand's of $$$ if you let them!! I don't own a 6P myself, but I do have a Z2 which is pretty similar...same lamps...and yep they are VERY impressive lights!! I replaced my stock bezel with a black M2 bezel to get the shock absorber and pyrex lens. That would work on the 6P to!
grin.gif
grin.gif

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Kev1-1. Do you have a link to this M2 bezel?
Also, what do you guys think about the optional rechargeable kit that SF offers? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

Bill

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
5.0Trunk,

You bet. The stock two cell bulb that you are currently (P60) using puts out around 60 lumens. The P61 puts out 120 lumens! Granted, the light intensity is only increased marginally. The hotspot, however, grows to nearly one and a half times the size. Whether or not it is an economical solution given the reduction in runtime to 20 minutes is a matter of personal opinion.

Respectfully,
Dale

SurefireM6

Enlightened
The 6P is great. It is brighter than a 5D M*Glite and it's really versatile. Some available accessories are:

-P60 LOLA (Low Output Lamp Assembly)
-P61 HOLA (High Output Lamp Assembly)
-Bezel with Pyrex Glass Lens
-Clickie Tailcap
-M2 Shock Isolated Bezel
-Regular Shock Isolated Bezel
-Turbohead assembly
-A19 adaptor (extends body for use with 3 batteries and P90 or P91 LA)
-If you have the Lexan Lens, you can replace the lens using the Z17 kit
-Lanyard Kit
-Waterproof tailcap with lanyard attachment
-KL3 Digitally Regulated Luxeon Star LED unit

Did I miss anything?

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hi Bill,
The stock code for the BLACK M2 bezel is '13586-11'. The code is all important because I have heard repeatedly on this forum that if you contact SureFire, their staff won't know they make a black M2 bezel...but if they type the code in it will come up!! Go figure!
yellowlaugh.gif
Alternatively you could try any SureFire dealer (possibly cheaper?) Any hows, I got mine in the UK, which doesn't really help you in the US. You will definitely get it cheaper than me though!
mad.gif

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
welcome aboard 50Trunk.
smile.gif

i dont know much about 6P , but i got 9AN rechargeable.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

if you want something brighter than 6P, dont ask for anyone in here what to buy next.

its dangerous for your wallet!

Ralf

Enlightened
Hi 50Trunk,

the same happend to me a few weeks ago.
Since then I owned only a few mini mags.
Now my Flashlights including the following:
ARC AAA, SF E2E, mini mag mods: opalec and
bb500 and tailcap leds ... more to come

but be careful its getting more and more
expensive ...

Cheers
Ralf

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies guys.
SurefireM6-Some of the parts you listed; Lanyard Kit -Waterproof tailcap with lanyard attachment-M2 Shock Isolated Bezel-Clickie Tailcap. Where can I find these at? SF website?

Also, can someone direct me to a "Mod Page" for my mags that I have. I really didn't know you could modify these flashlights.

Thanks Very Much

Bill

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
erm.. mod page for mag ...
hmmm let me see..
i think i got it somewhere here...

try
thelightsite.cruxial.com/mods/mods_index.htm

(without the 'www')
smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
Originally posted by 5.0Trunk:
No, I don't have the P61, Is this a higher output bulb?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I highly recommend getting the P61. The P60 lamp is nice, but the P61 puts the 6P into the "Personal Security" class. The throw increases quite a lot!
grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never tried the FM type before. I don't have any lights that can take them. As far as I can tell, I think they're only for the big M series and turbos. I just bought an F64 beamshaper for my 8X from LPS a few weeks ago for $14. Oddly, when I went back to check for an FM version just now, the F64 went up to $23. Wonder why?

I don't see much conversation about beamshapers on the forum. For me, it's one of the most useful accessories I have. It turns my 8X into a nice flood light when walking the dog. And I can flip it up in a millisecond and have a nice beam that's in perfect focus at any distance. My 6P also wears a beamshaper 99% of the time. YMMV

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Check your bezel diameter to choose the FM series. I have the FM17 on my 9AN. It also fits the KL2. Etc. If you have the 2002 catalog, you can check bezel diameters in there. The E-Series, A2, L1,L2 and 10X are the only ones you can't get the FM type beamshaper/beamfilter/beamcover for.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I just got that catalog recently in the mail. I'll see what matches up. What are all of the advantages of the FM version?