KL3 head on a G2..FINALLY!!

unclearty

Enlightened
I received my KL3 head last night. Promptly grabbed my new G2..unscrewed the old head and on with the KL3..holy crap!! Ton of white light..beautiful beam..ran out the backdoor into the darkness..WOW!. This is what I was looking for..nice broad white beam of light. I brought it to work this am..had a beam shootout with 2 guys here at work. Now they both want to go buy G2's.

Azreal911

Enlightened
the G2 + KL3 is the cheapest way to own a surefire LED combo light. Plus you still have the old head should you EVER go back to it. To me it's one of the coolest camping lights i own with the electronic regulation and long long runtime. actually it's the most sophistimacated lite i have!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree and as time passes and you find that you have some spare Surefire parts you will find that you will be able to build new flashlights with them. I was able to build a light with 6P parts and a KL3 head. A Nice light.
I love that a lot of the surefire parts are interchangable.
Yaesumofo

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
g2_kl3.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

unclearty

Enlightened
No..that's the funny part..I really expected this to feel like a hammer, but I think because of the way you carry a light, it doesn't feel "wrong". I'm really astonished (pleased) with the amount of light pouring out of this thing. The only problem I forsee, is finding a way to carry this on me. The only sheath I have isn't even close.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an M2 fitted with a KL3 too but somehow I can't help feeling that the KL3 head is heavier. Anyway, the KL3 hasn't been with me for a long time as I had it sent for repair. I just got a card from DHL telling me that they have something from Surefire for me while I was away. Now I can't wait to go down to the DHL HQ in Singapore for collection of the head.

Andy Ho

llvo

Enlightened
a little off topic...

This topic gives me an idea to buy a G2 to keep me from trading my KL3.

Thanks! and enjoy yours!