Streamlight Stylus

admedeus

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have and use this light. If you do, have you had any problems with the switch. I am on my 3rd and still, the light will not work without taking the switch apart and re-installing it. Works much better for a while, then happens again. Anybody know if I can fix this and how.

admedeus

Newly Enlightened
It uses 3 AAAA. The switch is so simple, metal washer against a metal tube, with a spring in between. It's hard to believe it could malfuntion or become oxidized, etc., so quickly between uses.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
What I should have asked is, did you strip a 9v battery or buy AAAA batteries? Those out of a 9v battery are shorter and require a spacer and the polarity is reviersed.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
check the threading for gunk that will mess up the conductivity. I had problems with mine once, I stripped it and never had a problem since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

admedeus

Newly Enlightened
Jason - you may be onto something there, but what did you use to strip it? I have cleaned it with alcohol and Blue Shower contact cleaner and it doesn't seem to make much better. I know I'm missing something really stupid, there's just not that much there. May try a wire brush for my dremel and clean the threads inside the cap.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used some rubbing alcohol on the threads and in the switch, but maybe you might have better luck with something a little bit stronger. Maybe some engine degreaser, or would that be too harsh?

-Jason