Flashlight Spec. Spreadsheet (dynamic, collaborative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

subq

Newly Enlightened
I am editing this post since this has developed into an excellent resource.

Below is the link to the new collaborative spreadsheet that contains flashlight specs. It started as just wanting a spreadsheet to reference what batteries different models of flashlights accept. A few CPF'ers spent a bunch of time updating the spreadsheet and with recommended additions/changes it has become an awesome reference tool.

http://srf.to/flashlights
http://srf.to/fspage <--- this is a webpage only version (keep in mind, some text may be cut off since it's just a basic page)
if you would like the code to use an embedded version of either on a webpage, send me a private message

column explanations:
Model: this is where the model # is located, since the spreadsheet is collapsible per mfg, there will be a +/- with a URL to the MFG on the first row
MFG: name of MFG, some will be linked to the actual model on the MFG webpage
Battery Types: the next few columns are different battery types, the number is how many batteries of that type
Voltage Range: not always filled in but should be checked as a flashlight may actually fit a certain battery type but does not "support" it
Max Lumens: this is the max lumen number on the MFG website, in order to get real world numbers, some of them are linked to the detailed CPF review (if one exists)
Notes: Misc. Info, you may see a little discussion bubble on the left of the model #, that is a good place to put notes and discussion as well
LED Type: self-explanatory
Output Levels: output levels and modes as given from the MFG
Weight: weight from MFG site without batteries
Dimensions: self explanatory

Things to note:
-If you link to the spreadsheet, be sure to use the links posted above. They are shortlinks that forward you to smartsheet, but the underlying smartsheet link may change. The shortlink will always be correct.
-All data is from user input, meaning it could be incorrect (or have a typo). You should do your own DD. The models that link to the MFG site should help with that.
-Send me a PM if you want to become an editor on the spreadsheet.

If you have any suggestions on improvements, feel free to post.

---original post---
Does anyone maintain a list of current flashlights with battery type? Looking for a small light that will do CR123 and AA, or 18650 and AA (if such an animal exists)...would be a cool if there was a table of current lights that had all supported battery types. for example, I know the jetbeam rrt-0 will do CR123 and AA with extender...it's just trying to track down all the others...would hate to reinvent the wheel if someone else is doing it already.
---original post---

Last edited:

moozooh

Enlightened
Re: current light/battery table

ZebraLight SC80 (...SC80w, SC80c) does that.

subq

Newly Enlightened

People don't really have the time to do it I guess. I'm going to start building one for my own reference.

Last edited:

snoop75

Newly Enlightened

It'd be awesome if we, as a community, had a wiki with a list of the various lights out there. I'd be more than happy to contribute to such a list.. let's say a couple of lights each time I log on to CPF. But would like to see more vitals than just the light and battery type. Common considerations when looking for a light such as modes, max output, stepdown feature, runtimes, emitter, PWM, etc should also be included.

For the moment... I've added some lights to the spreadsheet by subq. :) Let's see if we can make this take off!

EDIT: Added SC60, E01, TK12 R5, SC600, 3M, M10A :)
EDIT: Added lotsa ZL lights, some Klarus & Xeno.

Last edited:

bobfa

Newly Enlightened

I added mine to the sheet. I have to check some data. It would be cool if folks added data for their own lights and helped editing. At some point we could do even more with the smartsheet. THANKS

subq

Newly Enlightened

yes, I made the spreadsheet public so other people can edit, let me know what columns you want on there and I will add them

subq

Newly Enlightened

wow, lots of additions

anything you want done spreadsheet wise, just let me know

I made a shortlink to it as well

Last edited:

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

Added OLight M21-X/M20/M21 and T10, although I cannot figure out how to make the Manu collapsible.

subq

Newly Enlightened

fixed, you just select the rows under a "master" row and indent them (button on left)

what other columns do you want to see added?

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

Not sure. I was just adding based on my expirience with the T10 and M21-X (M21/M20/X on both are all compatible with same batteries, just different LEDs and Drivers)

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

How detailed do you want this to be?

subq

Newly Enlightened

I was merely looking to see what battery types each flashlight took. :)

It's amazing how useful the spreadsheet became in less than a day heheh.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Might be helpful to have a dedicated voltage range column since there may be incorrect implications based on fit (e.g. can accept 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A's doesn't mean it will accept 2 x RCR123's). Otherwise great job, should come in handy for folks.

subq

Newly Enlightened

Might be helpful to have a dedicated voltage range column since there may be incorrect implications based on fit (e.g. can accept 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A's doesn't mean it will accept 2 x RCR123's). Otherwise great job, should come in handy for folks.

good idea, voltage range column added

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

Do we assume, if a light can take 2x RCR123, that the high voltage is then 8.4V?

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

you're adding categories faster than I can research and fill em in. :p - I've finished the Olight section. 33 lights with all data I can find, minus dimensions.

Last edited:

vpr5703

Newly Enlightened

I've sent an PM to Norm, maybe we can get this sticky'd because of the information in the sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.