Want to buld flashlight for photography with HI CRI. What do i need?

PowerNew

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
after researching forum, i decided ,that my best bet for flashlight for photography will be using HI CRI.
So for now i have 3 options

1. Cree XP G /XP G2
2. NICHIA 119/219
3. Philip rebel luxenon

Any advice on following:
1. Which of this will render colors better?
2. Which diod is easier to find/buy+ easier to find parts for diod like driver etc.

I need to start looking for parts, like driver etc. Please help!
I want to build flashlite for photography!

Tiresius

Enlightened
I have spoke to my bother about this as he is doing photography as a private business on the side. He said that CRI makes very little difference as the camera compensates for coloring. Reason why I asked him this is because I offer to modify his removable flash with a high CRI emitter and was refused.

What I'm more interested is how much lumens/amperage that little guy gives out on the initial flash...That's important in determining which emitter to pick.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to match a flash unit with a camera. The little flash on a disposable 35mm camera emits about ten thousand lumen for up to 1/30th of a second. So short exposures require a flashlight that can emit ten thousand lumen, which is tough even these days.

Tiresius

Enlightened
It's hard to match a flash unit with a camera. The little flash on a disposable 35mm camera emits about ten thousand lumen for up to 1/30th of a second. So short exposures require a flashlight that can emit ten thousand lumen, which is tough even these days.

In other word, today's tiny-sized LED emitter cannot match up to that technology in that of a camera. I guess the bond wires in our LED's will not hold up to the job.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other word, today's tiny-sized LED emitter cannot match up to that technology in that of a camera. I guess the bond wires in our LED's will not hold up to the job.

LEDs are kind of a slow and steady sort. Different strokes for different goals, eh? Big strobes can crank out ten thousand foot-candle-seconds per blink, kind of like those physics lasers that emit 100 terawatts for a fraction of a second.

lightdelight

Newly Enlightened
I think an important factor that will dictate what kind of light you need is the type of photography you're doing. What are you trying to light? What type of conditions are you working in? Setting your white balance correctly will eliminate the need for hi cri. Matching your light to ambient light is another story..

Tiresius

Enlightened
He plans on using the flashlight as a spotlight for filming. That's completely do-able and I would recommend using a reflector-based light with a large flood to emit all your objects.

MikeAusC

Enlightened
I have spoke to my bother about this as he is doing photography as a private business on the side. He said that CRI makes very little difference as the camera compensates for coloring.

I agree.

I've tested the colour reproduction from ordinary modern LEDs (XP-G, XM-L) and couldn't see any need for improvement.

The need for better CRI was an issue with early nasty-blue "white" LEDs, but technology has moved a long way since then.

lightdelight

Newly Enlightened
How long does it need to run for? What type of battery? You are filming people? Is the shape/size of light source important? How are you mounting it?