Trits for Sunwayman V10R Ti+?

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
I just bought my first LED flashlight, the Sunwayman V10RTi+. I would really like to add trits to this light. I noticed that there were a lot of crevices and notches in the flashlight already and I was wondering if trits would fit in some of these spaces without having to have custom millwork done. Has anyone done this? Also, where can I find trits for this light and what would I need? Would I have to send this light out for a custom job? It is such a pretty light, I would like to add orange trits to it.
Thanks.

9uyyk4.png

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to do the same thing on my Ti2 which is basically the same light but dropped the idea because I could not find suitable places where to put the trits.

The only possibility without any machining is IMO to place some vials held by epoxy glue between the cooling fins of the head. Bart's 1.55 x 5 mm trits would be a good solution. Mind you in my view the result would have not been too nice from the looks standpoint but to each his own ...

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Would you consider custom millwork for these lights? If so, who would I go to?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wall thickness of the body is not too high but it still allows some room for creating grooves sufficiently deep to lodge trits. I would however avoid to machine the light for fear of damaging it and if I were you I would attach to the holes in the tailcap a small tritium key fob or zip pull which you can easily remove or change. A Google search for 'tritium key fob' will give you plenty of offers.
Also Merkava in CPFM has some proposals.

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I too was looking at those little holes in the tailcap. I do not want to have a clip attatched to my light so all the holes would be exposed. I was wondering if I could put some trits there? Thanks too for the link to the trit key fob. I can see how they would match the V10 nicely but I think I will pass as this would make the light too bulky. I want to have the smallest form factor possible.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy two short trits from Bart after having checked if they fit into the available space, stick them with glue between two fins of the head at 180 degrees and see the result. You can always remove them or add two more as required.