Surefire 6p upgrades

supra725

Newly Enlightened
Hi chaps..

currently I have an surefire 6p led and an g2 for my edc.. however, the output is not that great..

I have the halogen bulb in the g2 and the 80 lumens in the 6p..

I have done some research on upgrades for these lights and came across the solarforce's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solarforce-...5354245?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cca7eef85

does it really put out an whipping 880 lumens like it was advertised?

also, as everyone knows, the surefire cr123a gets pricey..

I came across to the 18650 rechargeable batteries.. is there any modifications to house the batteries in the 6p and g2 bodies? is it drop in? if not, what would I need to do to make it work?

thanks.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the previous generation module in my own Surefires so I can say that sure...it might have 800 lumens.... at the emitter...but OTF is more likely to be around 450-500 lumens. Solarforce does crank out the power with their modules so it's entirely possible that they are closer to 550-650 lumens with the new U2. The Li-Ion battery that fits inside the Surefire host without modding is the 17670. Otherwise look for Oveready...they have some drop-ins as well. Just...hide your credit card first.

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are not too price-sensitive, and want good products, check out the Oveready products.
They have SureFire bodies and services for boring for 18650 batteries, and they have awesome drop-in light modules which fit the P60 head sizes, and they offer hard anodized bodies, and McClicky switch upgrades, and Zero-Rez switches, and different bezels and rings, and their stuff is pretty awesome overall.

Another great one is Malkoff Devices. Legendary P60 upgrades. They also make bodies and heads, but they look a little different than the SureFire style. Very rugged and dependable.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something that will be bullet proof and out last you, go with the Malkoff.

If you want something that is a very good value for the money, get Nailbender or Vinh to make you a custom drop in (they have sales threads on this forum). I haven't had extremely good luck with the Solarfoce drop ins, but their hosts are good.