• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Some metals are more equal than others . . .

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
MGetched.jpg

Tri-color Mokume Gane--nickel silver, brass and copper. I immediately coat it with Renaissance Wax to deter any oxidation.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
My head is going out of control looking at that. What will you do to make it less prone to oxidation once it's in light form without the wax?

keenism

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful...

edit: Cannot believe I haven't seen your work before as long as I've been lurking this place, I'm still attempting to reassemble my jaw. I very much look forward to seeing what this turns into.

Last edited:

Trave11er

Newly Enlightened
Pretty slick, Fred!

Looking forward to seeing what you pull out of your magic hat using that potent stuff :thumbsup:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I would have to get my PM on to discuss more details of one of these? It's beautiful. Warm-white XM-L, 3 mode?

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I would have to get my PM on to discuss more details of one of these? It's beautiful. Warm-white XM-L, 3 mode?

My e-mail is in my signature. :)

I prefer e-mail to PMs.

It would be a tight fit to get a three-mode driver installed since the MG is only 20.40mm in diameter and the drivers are usually 17mm for the 2.8A versions. I've installed a miniFluPIC, 11mm diameter in this light, but the max output is around 650mA.

Trave11er

Newly Enlightened
That is fantastic....
Indonesia? If it's who I think it is, the man's a real PhotonFanaticAddict :naughty:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I immediately coat it with Renaissance Wax to deter any oxidation.

I'm surprised people don't use this to deter oxidization of some the copper hosts doing the rounds. I'm guessing this stuff isn;t electrically conductive, so it would be useless for protection say, copper light engines, but good for coating the exterior of natural copper bodies? I need to get me some I think.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised people don't use this to deter oxidization of some the copper hosts doing the rounds. I'm guessing this stuff isn;t electrically conductive, so it would be useless for protection say, copper light engines, but good for coating the exterior of natural copper bodies? I need to get me some I think.

Renaissance Wax is very easy to work with, feels good, doesn't smell and while a can is expensive--it will last a long time.

Another possibility is to use a polymer coating, which is a bit harder to work with, but it can be sort of baked on in your household oven. I like a product called ProtectaClear.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Renaissance Wax is very easy to work with, feels good, doesn't smell and while a can is expensive--it will last a long time.

Another possibility is to use a polymer coating, which is a bit harder to work with, but it can be sort of baked on in your household oven. I like a product called ProtectaClear.

Oh cool - I might have to do some research and try a few things out :)

Thanks!

- Matt

nbp

Flashaholic
That might be the sweetest thing I've ever seen from you Fred. Sexxay! :bow:

Goldy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fred, it's arrived safely today.:twothumbs

Thanks a lot.

here's a quick shot with one of my favourits

DSC_4293.jpg

:devil:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Fred, it's arrived safely today.:twothumbs

Thanks a lot.

here's a quick shot with one of my favourits

DSC_4293.jpg

:devil:

Wow, what a coincidence--I don't buy too many lights, since I can make my own, but I do own one of those black beauties myself.

Good to hear that it cleared customs. :D