Surefire 6PLED dropins

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
After repeated bad luck with Surefire 6P LED's I assembled a few new Dropins to evaluate and here is what I got. A DX LED dropin, a Solarforce dropin, a Nailbender custom dropin and a brand new Surefire P60 L dropin they just sent me. I can't wait until dark to test them. I already know which one will excell from in the house too close for comfort tests! Guess which one will outshine the others? I will return soon! Ken

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nailbender.

Even if it's not the brightest, it'll last the longest (durability, not necessarily runtime), even when compared to the SF P60L. I've just heard bad things about them, and that is coming from a Surefire fanboy.

Last edited:

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
Nailbender.

Even if it's not the brightest, it'll last the longest (durability, not necessarily runtime), even when compared to the SF P60L. I've just heard bad things about them, and that is coming from a Surefire fanboy.

I am not partial to any brand light. I like most of them. This is not a review or scientific evaluation, just a general post of my quest to get my Surefire 6P to WORK! I got to say, without a doubt, Nailbenders Cree XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint Level regulated drive 2.8-6 volts D26/P60 dropin turned my Surefire light into something I have NEVER seen! The Surefire light, lights up my barn at 50 yards like I have one of those 1 million candlepower spotlights used for deer spotting! It lights up my shed out at 100 yards! Great spot and flood TOGETHER! WOW! Believe it or not, the DX $10.00 dropin also made my Surefire throw a good spot with a nice amount of flood. The Solarforce throws a nice tight spot out past 100 yards.(least amount of flood) My new Surefire dropin replacement, labeled P60L-WH actually worked! It was about 1/2 as bright as the lowest of the others and about 1/4 or less as bright as the Nailbender dropin. I compaired it to the old Surefire non LED dropin and the only difference is the Surefire LED dropin color was whiter than the non LED Surefire dropin. Both Surefire dropins performed like I only had one 3 volt battery in the light! The success of my efforts to get my Surefire 6P to work was saved by Nailbender! His dropin arrived in only about 3 or 4 days! The others took WEEKS! THANKS NAILBENDER! * Ken *PS if this post is deemed to be in the wrong place, moderators please forgive me and put it in the proper forum.