Jetbeam RRT-15

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
I came across the jetbeam RRT-15 for $60 (seems to run $100ish at most places) and I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. I can't seem to find too many reviews on it (one on this site I think). I'm looking for a light to throw in the car for general purposes and maybe to help track down a deer if it becomes dark before I find him. $60 is certainly at the highest end of my budget. Would this be a good investment or should I take that <$60 and buy another light? Other recommendations?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an RRT 21. The RRT 15 is larger. You will have to belt carry the light instead of pocket carry. It sounds like a good price for a good flashlight.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RRT-15 is a light that's perfect for an XP-G2 swap. It's got the larger reflector for better throw and it's driven at about 1.5A. Add a single cell extension (M1x) and its a 2X18650 light. The only real negative to it is that it's not as pocketable as the RRT-21.

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
The RRT-15 is a light that's perfect for an XP-G2 swap.

Wouldn't that be a down grade from an XM-L?

Also, I'm not too concerned with it being pocketable as it'll probably be thrown in my hunting bag.

Thanks....I'd love to hear from more!!!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to track deer the XPG2 will be an upgrade since it'll give you much better throw because of its smaller die size than the XML.
The only issue I see is how well that XML reflector will handle the XPG2.

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
I'm fairly new to this...can you point me in the direction of a drop-in kit for it? Maybe I'll get both and see which I like better. Thanks!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no drop-in kit. Someone has to partially disassemble the light and swap emitters. It's not difficult to do and doesn't damage the light. You will void the warranty, though.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would have to swap the emitter yourself or have someone mod it which would probably cost $30-40.

Maybe better off using the money to get solarforce host and a P60 XPG2 dropin, that should come out the ~$60.

That would make a much better deer spotter.

Btw, what batteries were you intending to use?