M61LL - Runtime charts?

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Looking for runtime charts for the M61LL, which compare 2-cell config vs 3-cell config.

I remember seeing a graphic along time ago that suggested the 2-cell had longer runtime than 3-cell.

Just thinking of emergency/disaster/shtf lighting here, and whether to run my M61LL on 2 or 3 cells for longest runtime.

Cheers.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Very good question, I've been interested in this myself for quite some time - this information has not been posted as of yet.

I've always been curious if the M61LL had similar behavior to the M60LL; i.e. ~18 hours of regulated runtime w/ 2xCR123 and ~13 hours of regulated runtime (& something like ~50% greater output) w/ 3xCR123.

For the longest CR123 runtime, there is always the option of 1xCR123 (& a spacer) with this module as well.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not compared M61LL with different battery setups, but I measured it with Titanium innovation 3xCR123 in a Surefire G3. The result was around 11 hours at an average output of what I would estimate ~80lm(slightly higher than 2xCR123) before it went out of regulation. Then it declined but I didn't measure how long time until it was dead.

Edit: my wrong: this was with M61WLL but maybe it is of interest anyway.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I've always been curious if the M61LL had similar behavior to the M60LL; i.e. ~18 hours of regulated runtime w/ 2xCR123 and ~13 hours of regulated runtime (& something like ~50% greater output) w/ 3xCR123.

Yeah, Big Waffles runtime graphs were very enlightening. The 2XCR123, and the 3XCR123 runtimes while having different outputs, were both flat as a board. Gene had to give up the M60 series circuit when he went to the M61, which needs a true CC circuit. My M60LL disapperated, and the closest I have to it is a M60LF, with which I have not done runtime testings. I still have an M60, and the awesome M30.

Bill

Quiksilver

Enlightened
Okay, at least its a start. maybe ill have to do my own runtime test but I have no way to test output except eyeballing 'useful light'.

I'm illiterate in this subject, but I figured the more batteries in the circuit, the less amps from each cell and thus more efficient 'synergy' effect of using more cells.

But you say its more efficient with less (only 1) cell and a spacer?

So,using imaginary numbers, 2 cells together might last 10 hrs but 2 cells apart would have total runtime of 11 hrs?

Just trying to figure out the most fuel efficient way to run a Malkoff M61LL in a--potentially long-term--power outage.

Darvis

Enlightened
Okay, at least its a start. maybe ill have to do my own runtime test but I have no way to test output except eyeballing 'useful light'.

I'm illiterate in this subject, but I figured the more batteries in the circuit, the less amps from each cell and thus more efficient 'synergy' effect of using more cells.

But you say its more efficient with less (only 1) cell and a spacer?

So,using imaginary numbers, 2 cells together might last 10 hrs but 2 cells apart would have total runtime of 11 hrs?

Just trying to figure out the most fuel efficient way to run a Malkoff M61LL in a--potentially long-term--power outage.

That's easy, only one setup gives you full output and a long taper... go the 2xcr123 for both shelf life and runtime.