5000 lumen kina flashligt is it possible is it fake

Goran Agren

Newly Enlightened
5000 lumen kina produced only 14 cm tall and 6cm in diameter, i cant belive this it would be overheated in some minuts ????? can it be right or is i foolished ?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hej Göran! It seems doubtful yes! But I am not an expert, some other here may contribute with an input.
Och: :welcome:

Last edited:

Thr3Evo

Enlightened
I'm assuming you ment China, and by that do you mean some of the unbelievable priced flashlights (ie 5x, 6x...and more xml's) that claim thousands of lumens output. Chances are extremely high that these are what I've heard called "overinflated" lumen. You'd be probably looking at about half the stated output.

On another note, if you do decide to buy that way, be very careful who you buy from as I got burned one time on a very similar output claimed light. I wouldn't have taken the bait had it not had an amazing price. The seller was fake(my fault for not checking) and money was gone. EBay buyer protection saved my arse.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't buy a light based on how small and how bright it is. Don't fall for the lumen game. A light that small and that bright would self combust.

Buy a light based on the UI and how well it's made. Overall lumens should be near the bottom of your checklist.

Just the other day a guy posted about a new light in a neutral tint and said he would pass because it was only 300 lumens instead of 330. That's just asinine. The human eye can't even detect double that difference.

Last edited:

Tiresius

Enlightened
Emitter lumens, maybe. OTF, not possible.

That being said, a small sized light with that much lumen is possible but not practical. As Brasso said, don't go for lumens. It's your taste on UI and build quality. Anyone can slap on lots of LED's on a bezel and ramp it up until it goes :poof:.

insanefred

Enlightened
Don't buy a light based on how small and how bright it is. Don't fall for the lumen game. A light that small and that bright would self combust.

Buy a light based on the UI and how well it's made. Overall lumens should be near the bottom of your checklist.

Just the other day a guy posted about a new light in a neutral tint and said he would pass because it was only 300 lumens instead of 330. That's just asinine. The human eye can't even detect double that difference.

This times 1000.