• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL GONE! Copper XPE2 P60 Triples

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I have some solid copper, silver electroplated triple P60 drop-ins for sale. Prices include one optic and shipping anywhere in the world.

1) Triple XPE2 (R3 Cool white) 3A LMH No memory (Single Lithium Ion Cell Operation, or 6V max) AUD$95 ***SOLD***

2) Triple XPE2 (R3 Cool white) 3A LMH No memory (Single Lithium Ion Cell Operation, or 6V max) AUD$95 ***SOLD***

3) Triple XPG2 (R4 Neutral) 4.5A LMH No Memory (Single Lithium Ion Cell Operation, or 6V max) AUD$120
***SOLD***

4) Triple XPG2 (R4 Neutral) Single Mode (Linear Boost 0.9V to 3V Operation only) AUD$120
***SOLD***

5) Triple Nichia 219 4.5A LMH No Memory (Single Lithium Ion Cell Operation, or 6V max) AUD$109 ***SOLD***

triples.jpg

Asking prices include standard shipping anywhere in the world plus 1 optic of your choice (10507, 10508, 10509, 10510, 10511). I can supply additional optics at AUD$2.50 each.

First "I'll take it" (specifying which one you want obviously) followed by prompt PayPal payment gets it.

PayPal to modern69messiah{at}gmail.com

Please include your drop-in and optic choice in the PayPal notes along with your shipping address. I will PM you to confirm all is well :)

*** If you are interested in a custom triples please PM me ***

Thanks for looking. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

- Matt

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Triple XPE2, XPG2 and Nichia 219 P60 Drop-ins

Do you have the means to build quad drop ins right now? I'm really liking your no memory drop ins, nice work!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have the means to build quad drop ins right now? I'm really liking your no memory drop ins, nice work!

Unfortunately no :(

They seem pretty popular though so maybe I should look into it lol...but definitely no plans to at this stage sorry. Too busy trying to focus on the new version of my own original triple.

- Matt

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Matt I hope you eventually get to quads. In the mean time, what's the tint like on the 219, is it around 4000k? And the neutral R4 is around 4500K?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 219's are 4500k - in my own personal opinion the 219's are best looking light around.

The XPG2's are pretty much 4000K. They do look a little warmer than the 219's to my eyes, but still definitely on the neutral side - not yellow at all. You probably couldn't easily tell the difference between the two unless you were comparing them side by side.

- Matt

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

nevermind, after reading most of the posts on the original thread it looks like 4.5a is just to much for my needs.
will wait for version 2.

Last edited:

BelliR6

Newly Enlightened

Can you post some more info on # 4. What level is it being pushed? would it be ok to run on 2xAA? How would output on #1 differ from output of #3?
Been following all along and can't wait to get my hands on some of your fine work:twothumbs

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

nevermind, after reading most of the posts on the original thread it looks like 4.5a is just to much for my needs.
will wait for version 2.

No worries :)

Can you post some more info on # 4. What level is it being pushed? would it be ok to run on 2xAA? How would output on #1 differ from output of #3?
Been following all along and can't wait to get my hands on some of your fine work:twothumbs

On a single AA the driver pulls 700mA, but I'm not actually sure what it pulls on 2xAA though seen as it is a linear boost driver it should be around 2A. My DMM is at my fathers house at the moment I but I will try and test the current draw with 2 AA's as soon as I can. It does definitely work on 2xAA's without issue.

When I decided to use the driver with this drop-in I figured it'd be good for a single CR123 (non-rechargeable) based host.

The output is obviously much less than the full 4.5A unit but you can't really compare the 2 - different goals. That being said it's still plenty bright for normal use. I'd compare it to medium of the 4.5A units, maybe even a touch more. I was actually hoping to use an integrating sphere I'm busy building to supply OTF lumens with each drop-in but unfortunately it's still a work in progress. It will hopefully be done by next weekend.

- Matt

EDIT: I should note that the operation is 0.9 to 3V but it will keep working down to 0.5V - it just won't start up any lower than 0.9V.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha...don't have the MCPCBs for that, and even if I did I'm sure I'd be breaking some sort of law lol
yes because you would be technically be making a bomb lol

BelliR6

Newly Enlightened

PM Sent. Thank you for the Reply

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

which has more throw XPG2 or XPE2?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bit closer than it was with the original XPG and XPE. I'd say the XPE2 is, but given the XPG2 is brighter at equivalent drive currents it probably out throws the XPE2 by virtue of pure grunt rather than actually directing more light in one direction.

If you wait 3 hours I'll take some beam shots when it gets darker here comparing the 2 if you like?

- Matt

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

iLL CHECK OUT SOME BEAM SHOTS. THANKS

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

iLL CHECK OUT SOME BEAM SHOTS. THANKS

Caps or are you really ​keen to see them haha? Will do :)

EDIT: I just put each drop-in in a host and oddly enough the XPE pattern is much tighter. You'll see the pictures later to confirm it but it surprised me - given the mere 5 degree difference I was expecting a close contest. This is not the case!

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

As requested. I'm honestly surprised by the results. The XPE2 has a much tighter beam and a more intense hot spot. the XPG2 emitters can be driven harder and this would make up the difference I'd imagine. But at the same current the XPE2 has the edge in my opinion.

hotspoty.jpg

outdoorbeamshots.jpg

Correction - XPG2 in the bottom picture is NEUTRAL, not cool.

Hope that helps :)

- Matt