Need help finding XPG/XPG2 optic

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a plastic lens based optic for a light mod. It needs to be 18mm and work well for a tighter more throw type of beam with a XPG / XPG2. I've seen a few of the Carlco optics but they seem to be designed mostly for 3up designs. I've seen a few singles but they were marked for 22mm diameter.

Any help pointing me to a few sites with some options to look through would be great.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOYCD, That link you have is not an optic, it's a reflector.

After checking that site, the closest I could find in XPE/XPG/XPG2 optics is either 21.6 mm or the 16.1 mm diameter mentioned earlier.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - I realize that. For the light I am modding I can use either a reflector or an optic. I just thought an optic may do the job better because I was having a hard time finding any reflectors.

I am also open to information on 18mm reflectors. I don't want to limit myself if there are options out there. I'll try to get a measurement of the acceptable depth.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
No apologies needed - I really appreciate the input.

I've tried the McR18s and the McR18 in my application (which is a TCR1 with a XP-G2) and although the beams are nice I am looking for more throw. I'd really like to find something like the reflector in the V10R XP-G which has a really nice punchy throw beam. Although I haven't tried to fit it, I am pretty sure the V10R reflector is a bit too deep to fit the TCR1 without some trimming.

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
I will measure my Jet-I Pro's reflector tomorrow and let you know if it's the right diameter. If so, B.O.G. still sells replacement reflectors for the Jet-I/RRT-0 that may help you out. I haven't tried an XP-G behind said reflectors, though.

Edit:
Bad news, Jet-I reflector measures 20mm wide and 16mm deep. Close, but no banana.

Last edited: