Balder HD-1 looking for Martin

walterr839

Enlightened
I purchased an HD-1 a while back. it has a problem with 14500 battery not being able to shut it off.
I have reached out to Martin Ma of Balder who said a replacement is on the way. that was a month ago.

I can't seem to raise him on Email - is he still around?

walterr839

Enlightened
UPDATE

the replacement driver arrived a few days ago. It was a quick fix and the makes the light much more practical.
Nice floody beam from a AA light

Martin stepped up at no charge to me

Good service

Thanks Martin

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also had the 14500 problem and he sent me a whole new light.

I sent the old one back to him as he requested via Registerd Airmail with Tracking and he said he would put my shipping costs into my Paypal account.

I sent it back from an Australia Post office and the minimum price to do exactly that was about $25 AUS.

When I sent him the receipt for the shipping he nearly died.

He said that that shipping cost was very high and could I cancel it and he would just send me a new light but I could not do that of course.

He said he would pay it into my Paypal account and still send me a new light but I think he will be asking for a qoute on shipping in any more returns to Balder in the future.

It took about a month all up but I received my new HD-1 ok and it works right now as it should.

I just don't like the hollowed out body surface as it is very hard on my hand when holding it especially when I push the button down for two seconds at a time.

After a few times of turning it off and on and changing modes as well my fingers feel horrible.

If they did that for extra grip it was a bad idea to me.

I tend to use my Olight S10 now because the Balder HD-1 is a REAL PAIN to hold and use with those deep grooves on the body.

Cheers

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's dang impressive for him to cover RMA shipping costs at all. Never heard of that before.