New Zebralight H600 not working

anyone

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, i recently got a hold of an h51 and h600. The h51 works great, the h600 doesn't seem to work at all. I have some aw 3100mah batteries charged with an xtar sp2. This is the only appliance I have that uses these batteries so I haven't bothered buying a multiamp. Could this battery be too short or something? it seems contact is being made. I could have sworn that I read about others using this light with these batteries. I'm guessing the light is a total dud, haven't heard of that before with zebralights though. Any thoughts?

edit: after some fiddling got it to work, real weird. Not having problems at all now, somehow I wasn't doing it right, yeah I know "That's what she said". don't want anyone to think there's a problem with either the battery or light.

Last edited:

anyone

Newly Enlightened
Can someone let me know if they are using this light and battery together without problems?

rojos

Enlightened
The positive nub on the AW is recessed a little, right? That can cause contact problems. Try a battery with a raised positive contact. Btw, that is one of the reasons why I avoid AW 18650.

Last edited:

anyone

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't seem recessed to me . . . what a rip off these are 30 bucks a battery up here. I wonder what the return time is for zebralight if I have to try other batteries. I'd hate to pay for more batteries to find out it really is the light.

anyone

Newly Enlightened
just edited original post. I'm really not sure what the problem was but now everything seems fine, maybe contacts weren't touching or I wasn't screwing the cap hard enough, but now it lights every time after I take the battery out and pop it back in. weird . . .

rojos

Enlightened
. . . what a rip off these are 30 bucks a battery up here.

Dang, that's crazy. You know that AW 3100 are just Panasonic 3100 wrapped with AW labels. You can get Xtar 3100 (to name just one of many that are made with identical Pana 3100 cells and have almost identical performance) for around $30 a pair. And the Xtars come with raised positive contacts (the AWs are flat tops) and have less contact issues.

Last edited:

anyone

Newly Enlightened
When I did my research I didn't really spend a lot of time looking for decent cheap alternatives. I think eagle tecs seem to be a good option for the money as well. At least they seem to be working now. Oh and I shouldn't knock the price too much everything is usually 15-20 pecent more expensive here in canada than it is in the u.s.a. then we have to add 13% tax.

rojos

Enlightened
The EagleTac 3100 use Panasonic 3100 just like the AW and the Xtar. Most high quality 18650 have Sanyo 2600 or Panasonic 2900/3100/3400 cells inside and use similar ICs. It doesn't really matter what the name on the wrapper says if the components are identical.

There are Canadian shops that sell protected Panasonic 3100 for $30 a pair.

You might want to check out some of HKJ's battery reviews. He performs independent testing and his reviews are very informative.

Last edited: