Fenix Outfitters        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L5/KL5 release date?

Default L5/KL5 release date?

I just got off the phone with Steve from Surefire's customer service. He said that the KL5 will be release by early December. Has anyone heard anything?

Default Re: L5/KL5 release date?

You've just gone and jinxed the release date now!

Al
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Size15s said:
    You've just gone and jinxed the release date now!

Al
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What? that late?!

I hope it was a misquote on the part of Surefire because the person I talked to corrected me and said, "Oh, you mean the KL5" when I asked about the L5.

Flashaholic

Makes sense; they would put out the new L5 before selling the KL5 bezels alone for upgrades; same thing they did with the L4 (KL4 still not available separately). Maybe that means the L5s are on their way at this moment! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

carmel

Flashaholic

You mean this December? I thought it was going to be released around May! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Probably means nothing, but a reputable asian dealer has already published (discounted!) prices.

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    kakster said:
    Probably means nothing, but a reputable asian dealer has already published (discounted!) prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reputable US dealer [TW] has already published prices and taken pre-orders. I'm also not sure that means anything.

Flashaholic*

Means taking actual money orders for products not yet available to the public. In my opinion kind of risky buying something totally based on specualation. I have yet to see a picture of it or read any specs or blah blah blah. As far as I am concerned what has been leaked out is manufactured rumours about the product. I want to see pictures of the product and get some feedback via reviews to find out if I even have a use for such an animal in my arsenal!

IMHO!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, cannot forget about the release date. I think I heard someone mutter in the checkout line the other day sometime in the year 2010 AD! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Dukester,

So you are saying that it's not worth getting excited about a new product until Dealers have it in stock and people have them, reviewed them and are excited about having them?

If so, can you justify being branded a "Flashaholic" if you are not getting hyped over not yet released models that pretty much nothing is know about for certain?!

Al [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Hey, people put down tens of thousands of Dollars, Euros, etc. for exclusive cars that routinely take months or years to reach the production lines.....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A few hundred bucks could be placed in much less trustworthy hands than TW's.

Allen
    aka DumboRAT

I thought we trusted our credit card numbers to TW?
    Ticking the "bill me for whatever TW thinks is best" box right?

Al [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    Size15s said:
    Dukester,

So you are saying that it's not worth getting excited about a new product until Dealers have it in stock and people have them, reviewed them and are excited about having them?

If so, can you justify being branded a "Flashaholic" if you are not getting hyped over not yet released models that pretty much nothing is know about for certain?!

Al [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Al, I did not realize that a flashaholic had to meet a specific criteria to comply with, sorry! It must have been a disclaimer that I missed when I joined up with this Board a couple months back.

Anyway, I was being a bit sarcastic... Of course I am excited about these two new models. I am so excited that I am fustrated that we have to wait what seems like eternity before they are available. You know, like a child on his birthday all excited for all the goodies that children sometimes get, you were young once, don't you remember?

And no, I am not one of the willing who plunk thousands and thousands of dollars on a car that hasn't hit the production line yet! I must be in a different tax bracket. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Nor am I willing to dump a couple hundred dollars on something I have never seen, never was much on betting on horses, dogs or flashlights [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I have always been conservative with my money so I guess there are things that never change.

On the flip side, I did drop SureFire an email asking about a release date whether they tell me or not I will know within a day or two. But, on the same side of the coin if I called 5 different CSR's that work for SureFire I will get 5 different answers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

If the L-6 is everything that has been talked about whether factual or spread around at the office water cooler I look to buy it.

Flashaholic*

15s,

LOL, Dan and his TW crew has my complete confidence. And yep, he pretty much can just put me down for whatever he thinks is best, as he's a true fellow flashaholic!

Allen
    aka DumboRAT

Dukester,
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just be glad you've not known about the KLx 5W bezels for as long as I have! I've developed a health disregard for release dates because I would go mad. SureFire do not release everything they get serious about and the one model I want is like 3 years over due (M1000)...

Al [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Dukester said:
    Means taking actual money orders for products not yet available to the public. In my opinion kind of risky buying something totally based on specualation. I have yet to see a picture of it or read any specs or blah blah blah. As far as I am concerned what has been leaked out is manufactured rumours about the product. I want to see pictures of the product and get some feedback via reviews to find out if I even have a use for such an animal in my arsenal!

IMHO!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, cannot forget about the release date. I think I heard someone mutter in the checkout line the other day sometime in the year 2010 AD! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dukester,

You ask for pictures, you got pictures. These are from Surefire's Hong Kong site.

http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl5.htm
    http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl6.htm

Hope you like it. But what happens to L5 and L6?

Andy Ho

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
    grnamin said:
    I just got off the phone with Steve from Surefire's customer service. He said that the KL5 will be release by early December. Has anyone heard anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a different story from this CSR, read my email I got today down below...

"Dear Sir,

We have not set a release date for either of these lights yet. We hoping to release them before the end of the year, but this is not for set in stone. Thank you for supporting Surefire. If you have any further questions or comments do not hesitate to write, email, or call us. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.

Joe Sepulveda
    Technical Support
    helpyou@surefire.com <mailto:helpyou@surefire.com>
    714-545-9444
    800-828-8809
    SureFire, LLC
    17680 Newhope Suite B
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708"

Enlightened

So if they are on the Surefire site in Hong Kong, does that mean I can order them there and have them ship immediately?

-dlee

Enlightened

That would be a "no". I tried. =) Buy now just directs you to a page that says coming soon.

It was worth trying!

-dlee

[ QUOTE ]
    dlee96 said:
    So if they are on the Surefire site in Hong Kong, does that mean I can order them there and have them ship immediately?

-dlee

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can't. Since I am residing outside the US, I have no choice but to purchase outside the US. Surefire in Hong Kong is just a distribution company under contract with Surefire, LLC to distribute SF products to Asian countries. The company name is Supreme Company.

I emailed them about the KL5 and was told that the KL5 is not launched yet and ask if I want to be put on reservation. I said yes and was told that I am still early and within number 10 on the reservation list.

Andy Ho

[ QUOTE ]
    Size15s said:
    Dukester,
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just be glad you've not known about the KLx 5W bezels for as long as I have! I've developed a health disregard for release dates because I would go mad. SureFire do not release everything they get serious about and the one model I want is like 3 years over due (M1000)...

Al [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

Didn't you once ask PK for a super-long-throw SF? I think we'll probably have to be content with the T-heads.

What is the M1000?

Brightnorm

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

M1000 - Why not run a search for it here on CPF?

Al

[ QUOTE ]
    Size15s said:

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

A Black & Decker Lawn Mower? M1000

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BC

Flashaholic*

But is it tactical?

And does it have KL5's for headlights? I want one!

Not that M1000! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Size15s said:

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Search was not helpful, not listed in PK's site. However I did find this:

M1000: A "SUREFIRE" SOLUTION FOR OUR COMFORT & PLEASURE

Brightnorm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast