Neutral white Sunwayman V11R

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I've got a Jetbeam RRT01 and like it quite a bit. The tint is good, no greens etc, but it's still CW. Overall I much prefer warmer neutral, high CRI etc. I especially like the tint on my Zebralight H502d.

I stumbled upon the neutral white version of the sunwayman V11R and it seems it would be a good light for me as the UI is very similar to the RRT01, with the tint that I prefer.

Does anyone have the neutral V11R? I have no experience with sunwayman neutral lights and any feedback that anyone can offer, pertaining to the tint on this light, or thoughts on the V11R in general would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Dubois

Enlightened
Where did you stumble across a neutral version? I thought that the only neutral run was one for HID Canada. I'd certainly be interested in a neutral version if it is more widely available.

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
I found it at going gear, not sure if it's limited or if they'll be making them from now on...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
in the states, GoingGear and BatteryJunction carry them!

it's the 3C tint, which you can get a feel for here: http://flashlightwiki.com/images/f/f6/Ansiwhite.jpg

i guess it's gonna be about 5000K?

edit: I'm gonna pick one up eventually, but may have it modded to 4000K neutral. I love the ~4000K range, and I've been planning on buying a SWM to get modded to 4000K anyways. I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy one that's already neutral to see how I like it, ya know?

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
in the states, GoingGear and BatteryJunction carry them!

it's the 3C tint, which you can get a feel for here: http://flashlightwiki.com/images/f/f6/Ansiwhite.jpg

i guess it's gonna be about 5000K?

edit: I'm gonna pick one up eventually, but may have it modded to 4000K neutral. I love the ~4000K range, and I've been planning on buying a SWM to get modded to 4000K anyways. I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy one that's already neutral to see how I like it, ya know?

Makes sense to me!

I think this will be perfect for me. As I said I really like the Zebralight 502d I have which is also supposed to be about 5000K.
I went ahead and ordered it from GG!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes sense to me!

I think this will be perfect for me. As I said I really like the Zebralight 502d I have which is also supposed to be about 5000K.
I went ahead and ordered it from GG!
Good to hear, man! Let us know how you like it (specifically with regard to tint) :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Where did you stumble across a neutral version? I thought that the only neutral run was one for HID Canada. I'd certainly be interested in a neutral version if it is more widely available.

There's two Premium left in storage at the moment which I don't think will be released in the wild.

The neutrals are out there as well now for a couple of weeks. The Premium is T6 4C with "Premium" designation on the body. The general neutral is T6 3C. Sunwayman came upon a batch of 3C and asked if anyone was interested in a neutral run using 3C. I guess no one stepped up to the plate and now there is a general availability of them. As far as I know, it's not a standard offering so jump on it while it's available!

eloreno

Newly Enlightened
There's two Premium left in storage at the moment which I don't think will be released in the wild.

The neutrals are out there as well now for a couple of weeks. The Premium is T6 4C with "Premium" designation on the body. The general neutral is T6 3C. Sunwayman came upon a batch of 3C and asked if anyone was interested in a neutral run using 3C. I guess no one stepped up to the plate and now there is a general availability of them. As far as I know, it's not a standard offering so jump on it while it's available!

Thanks very much for the information! I'm glad I went ahead and ordered it!

JKolmo

Enlightened
I received my V11R Neutral from Batteryjunction about a week ago. It has a much nicer tint than the standard U2 bin V11R, and the finnish is more black than the standard V11R somewhat paler finnish. Get it while you can!

Elk Hunter

Newly Enlightened
I have both versions of the V11R and I am very happy with both but I do prefer the xm-l neutral tint version that sunwayman is offering over the U2 xm-l. This neutral tint version stays away from the yellow/green tint that is common in the xm-l neutral offerings from other light makers. The 3c neutral tint does not give up much when it comes to lumen output when compared to the U2 version. The U2 xm-l that sunwayman is using is a very nice cool white that also has no yellow/green tint to it. The ansiwhite chart referred to by tobrien, in the 3C tint range is a very accurate reference for comparing the neutral tint color to the sample that I have. Over all I am very happy with both lights. I do prefer to use the light with the AA extender because it fits my hand better and I do get about 10 minutes more run time with an AW 14500 vs a Nitecore RCR123A at the same medium setting on the power ring dial.