What's your favorite small light (up to 4.5")?

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
So many lights to choose from. Looking for something under 4.5". Hoping some of your favorites help me make my decision..........Thanks!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
My absolute favorite is a V10R Ti that has had the battery tube turned down to a more user friendly diameter and grip, and the emitter swapped to a Nichia 219 of unknown CCT, but that is just ever so slightly warm compared to the 119 that is in my Haiku.

Another light that has seen a lot of carry is my Nichia 119 Haiku, but I really expect great things from the copper Tri-EDC I just received which will be getting a bit of renovation on the UI and emitters.

Lacking any of these lights, I still love my hCRI Clicky, although it hasn't been seeing much use since winter, with the V10R and Haiku getting daily usage and all of these lights come in at under 3.5".

Stainz

Enlightened
My early, and well worn, EDC - a SF E1b Backup. SF replaced my E2D's tailcap after a fall marred it - I recycled it, with a little file-work to even the rough edges, on the E1b. It stands on that end on the lavatory during the middle of the night dashes. It more importantly illuminates the floor so I won't step on a cat - or a cat's hair ball! It's clipped to my pant's pocket as my EDC light. It really needs to have a standup tailcap standard - or available. My favorite two lights are my SF E1b and my SF Saint Minimus headlamp. I cannot imagine life without them!

Stainz

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foursevens Quark QPA (used to be called a Quark AA.) I have a neutral XML head on it, deep carry pocket clip, tactical tail, regular UI, and I run it on a single 3.7v AA sized 14500 rechargeable Li-ion with output that ranges from 0.3 lumens to 400 lumens....all this and the light is under 4" long....nice.

I have a feeling though that my next favorite light will be the new Zebralight SC52 (Single AA light that will also run on a single 14500 producing around 500 lumens) I pre-ordered it, and will know soon.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Quark AA-X guy here, with an Eagletac D25A clicky XML as runner up. My must haves are AAs, a long running sub-lumen mode, other single digit lows, and a floody beam. Nice to haves are long warranty, NW tint, 14500 capability, and honest spec claims.

Samy

Enlightened
Zebralight SC51, great looks super bright super small.

Sunwayman V10A. Rear clicky, cool magring, masive output on a 14500

I try to use them everyday!

cheers

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Oveready TorchLab Moddoolar H3C with triple XPG2, and with a 50mm battery tube, and the Shorty ZeroRez tailcap.
It's about 4.25" long, and can accept 2 x 18350 batteries for a max output on high of 1600 lumens. Relatively short run time, though.
Or, if you want to accept a lower output, you can put 1 x 18650 in it, and it will give 1100 lumens for a longer time.
If you prefer Hi-CRI color rendition, you can choose the H3N with triple Nichia 219 for 1100 lumens with 2x18350, or 780 lumens on 1 x 18650 for longer run time.
All very easily fitting into your pocket, on its own pocket clip. Awesome machine work, too.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
My used HDS hands down. Can't wait for my other two.....one from goinggear and one from HDS.

thaugen

Enlightened
I have tried many lights and none compare to HDS for usability, quality, warranty, interface, durability and value. Try the rest, sell them on the marketplace and then get in line for an HDS.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
EagleTac D25LC2 clicky. 4.5" long & 660 lumens according to Selfbuilt's review. Amazes me everytime I use it. Plus a 10 yr. warranty.

NCF8710

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam RRT-01. Perfect pocket EDC size (3 1/4" long), variable output and incredibly bright with an IMR 18350 cell. My Zebralight SC600 is a close second.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm with Kaichu Dento. Haiku, Tri EDC, and HDS Clicky are my top picks for EDC lights.

AutoTech

Enlightened
V10R Titanium for me. Love the control ring and it's 'kin bright for a little fella. Lovely quality from sunwayman too.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark 2^123 is a nice light and has good runtime on a 17670 battery. It is slightly longer than 4.5" with forward clickie but just slightly, it would be shorter with reverse clickie and will tailstand, at about $9.00 there is no reason not to have both, it's good to have a backup.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Another SF fanboy here: Surefire E1B Backup and an F04 diffuser in your pocket and you're done.