How to carry the new Fenix LD01

hcd615

Enlightened
Hi,
So I know I can put the LD01 on my keyring. Do any of your guys put a lanyard on your lights? If so do you use a clip (lobster claw) to attach them. I see McGizmo makes clips but I am confused as to which size I would need without seeing them. I would like the clip to be able to clip onto my briefcase and other bags. Ti or SS?? So many options...

Is there another kind of lobster claw clip you guys recommend? Where to buy? Any help would be great. Also where to get the cords or lanyards?? Thanks!

Howard

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
So I know I can put the LD01 on my keyring. Do any of your guys put a lanyard on your lights? If so do you use a clip (lobster claw) to attach them. I see McGizmo makes clips but I am confused as to which size I would need without seeing them. I would like the clip to be able to clip onto my briefcase and other bags. Ti or SS?? So many options...

Is there another kind of lobster claw clip you guys recommend? Where to buy? Any help would be great. Also where to get the cords or lanyards?? Thanks!

Howard

Lighhound has 6" lanyards for around a buck - long enough to nicely wrap around your hand. The GITD lanyard version does not glow very long though. I have handed out a lot of the black lanyards - no one complained. Also, Lighthound has a much shorter loop with a quick detach which is only a few inches. that is functional for keychains and still allows the light to be quickly removed. I primarily use those now. Alternatively, Lighthound and Fenix and 4Sevens have the usual chromed lobster claw. The first lobster claw that I saw was from Fenix. Longer lanyards usually get in the way when using EDC-type lights. On my LD01, I use the Lighthound quick-detach short loop. In general, Lighthound has a surprisingly wide assortment of straps and lanyards. BatteryJunction has the official lanyards from Surefire, etc.