Fenix E11 Question

hcd615

Enlightened
I went to REI today and purchased three E11 lights. The package says Max light output 105 lumens. I see on sites that sell that theirs say 115 lumens high output. Is that true. There is a video on You Tube and the guy shows the package and it says 115 lumens. So once again I am confused, did I buy an old model? The package says Cree XP-E LED. Fenix-Store / Fenixoutfitters shows 115 lumens

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also purchased the E11 from REI. Referencing the Fenix-Store website, the Silver E11 is listed at 105 lumens, the Black E11 is listed at 115 lumens. The Black E11 from REI is appears to still be listed 105 lumens.

However, I doubt that you will see the difference between 105 and 115 lumens. For example, I have the Fenix LD15 that is rated at 115 lumens. A celing bounce test between the E11 from REI and the LD15 shows essentially no difference, maybe even the E11 is slightly brighter. Noting that the beam pattern is very different between the E11 and LD15.

A celing bounce test between the E11 from REI and the 4Sevens Quark Pro QPA rated at 109 lumens also shows no perceivable difference.

Enjoy the E11!

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I have a Black E11 and I believe it had 105lm written on the shell the day I bought it. They may have changed the led to XP-E R4 as they do on their recent E series lights. I believe the one I got had a R2 or R3 emitter.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to REI today and purchased three E11 lights. The package says Max light output 105 lumens. I see on sites that sell that theirs say 115 lumens high output. Is that true. There is a video on You Tube and the guy shows the package and it says 115 lumens. So once again I am confused, did I buy an old model? The package says Cree XP-E LED. Fenix-Store / Fenixoutfitters shows 115 lumens

The E11 with 115 lumens is just the XP-E update so it's latest one.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
This XPE update, there is a new batch of XP-E R4 leds as I understand. But there are XP-E2 leds with narrower beams and lower Voltages too, right? Or are these R4 bins already XP-E2?

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need to know which LED is installed in your Fenix light, then thanks to another poster in the LD01 thread, there is the link to Fenix serial numbers:

link

My E11 as purchased from REI is an CREE XP-E R3. The lumens is not listed.

I checked some other lights and not all serial numbers are found. as always, YMMV.

Swede74

Enlightened
However, I doubt that you will see the difference between 105 and 115 lumens.
Enjoy the E11!

I agree, the difference is less than 10% and that's barely discernible. I bought my E11 a couple of months ago and at the time I had just learned about the 115 lumen version. I didn't know which version I would get, and of course I grumbled a little when I got the 105 lumen version, but not for long, because I really liked the light from the start. I still do, and although my personal preference in a dual-mode light is a 5-10 lumen low rather than 32, I think that Fenix has done a really god job with the beam / optics: it trows well for its size (and output) and you don't have to "pay" for the throw with a glaringly bright hotspot.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it comes to output upgrades of less than 10%, I don't see the point in worrying. I'm more concerned about tint on low output lights anyway.

My E11 has a beautiful, almost neutral tint. No green, no blue - just a pure, creamy white. I would not sacrifice that for 10 more lumens and risk getting a dud tint.