Recieved my new 3 in 1 from Cabelas

kstump98

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my new 3 in 1 from Cabelas today. Got it all charged up, and I must say I am very pleased with the purchase. The LED output is far greater then what I expected. The incandesent output is very powerful, but there are a few strange artifacts in the beam. The best part of all is that it is rechargeable, and only took 2.5 hours to completely charge it. I know it has been discussed before, but here is the link. Also, the body is completely round, a little different from the one in the picture.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0019176515804a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0019176&catalogCode=ID&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=search&hasJS=true

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan - That's an outstanding mod! I'm very impressed. I wish I had the ability to do something like that myself.

So let me get this right, you can keep the light in either 3 or 6 5mm led or 1w led and turn it on and off without having to cycle thru the other modes. And now it's rechargable, and even brighter than stock.

Do you think the same type of mod could be done on the Stream Light TT 2L? --Tim

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kart,

I can't take credit for that one, that's a McGizmo mod. I'm just a spokesperson. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif He did this modification for forum member/light reviewer, QuickBeam. You have the proper jist of the switch operation and can read QuickBeam's review here. As far as the TT 2L goes, no problem as all the lights in question are manufactured by Nuwai (including my Brookstone LS). You'll need to get a 5/8x28 tap though. I've been told they are available at travers.com.

Dan

larpaul20

Newly Enlightened
I am constantly astounded at McGizmos work. Simply incredible. I wish I had one-tenth of his ability and knowledge!

larpaul

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif