• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI PART 11

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
PART 11 !!! P60 Style Custom Drop - in modules for SF and other Products. (part 10 can be found here)

Here I am offering P60 Style drop ins, they are available with Leds from the following manufacturers with some of the leds that will be offered are below.

SSC Seoul - P7 , P4
Cree -
XML2 , XPG, XP-E, MC-E, XRE , UV, are available here many in warm , neutral or cool white
Osram - Platinum Dragon IR/ Hyper-red
Luminus - SST -50, SST -90

These modules will fit most flashlights that accepts a standard P60/D26 Style module. They will fit Surefire C and P style hosts and all Solarforce hosts that take P60 modules. They also fit a variety of other manufacturers such as trustfire , ultrafire to name a couple

THESE DO NOT FIT OLD STYLE G2 HOSTS ( very old ) they will fit G2L's

Here are a couple of pictures of reflectors used. These are designed for XPG/ XPG-2 and such

Textured
XP-G2OP.jpg

Smooth

XP-G2smooth.jpg

The XML reflectors are basically the same just with a larger center hole.

All of the modules end up being as close to standard length as possible The large die leds are much thicker and there is a small possibility that there will be a crack at the head and body. I keep all as short as possible so if there is a crack there is probably nothing that can be done.

All hosts are slightly different and one module may fit tight in a SF product and a bit loose in a FM Nite clone or an FM C but they will fit all. One may need to have the spring cut down to allow the head to close or a whole spring may be needed to keep the module from rattling. They also fit most Solarforce or any P60 style host

Please state if using in a FM Cooly , 2P maglite and such.

Most LED's are carried in Cool White, Neutral White, or Warm white when possible. They will be listed if in stock if not listed probably not in stock.

Battery configs listed are for any battery that falls into the range listed. Yes 2XCR123 will work in a 6 volt max config.

Potting is the filling of electronics cavity with thermal epoxy for heat management and shock protection. Copper tape is included with potting and both are included at no charge unless specified by member that they do not want this option.

ALL MODULES ARE LEAD FREE, ALL SOLDER USED IS LEAD FREE

WE NOW ARE MOUNTING ALL XPG2, XML2, NICHIA EMITTERS ON ALL COPPER DIRECT BOND SINKPADS
EMITTERS CARRIED

__________________________________________________ _______________________

CREE LEDS
http://www.cree.com/products/xlamp.asp binning and tint information (GREAT RESOURCE) Look under documentation on specific type emitter

Cree XM-L2
$40

U2 flux 6500k tint
T6 flux 5000k tint
T5 flux 4500k tint
T4 flux 4000k 5B4 tint
S6 flux 3000k tint 90+ CRI

Driver choices are below.

Direct drive
1 Level only (potting and tape included this model only)
works well in the 26650 Cooly's by Five Mega. Not made for continuous run.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

1 level 2.2 amps 3.6-16 volts best for use with Multiple cells.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Available levels with memory (2.8-6 volts only) 3amp stock setting all regulated
1 level - high Regulated
2 Low / High
3 level - Low / Med / High Regulated (5%- 30%-100%)

6 volt Drivers are 3 amps stock

Either Smooth OR Op reflectors available (extra reflectors on website.)

The new XPG-2 modules are located in this thread
HERE

Cree XP-G -$35 *mixture of throw and flood*
2.8-6 (levels are 100% / 40% / 5% )

5 level low / med / high/ SOS / Strobe with memory available in 1.4 amp
4 level starlight / low / med / high 1.5 amps
3 level low / med / high 2.8-6 volts with memory available in 1.4 amp
1 level 2.8-6 volts

1 Level 4-14 volts / 1.5 amp

Flux Bins and tints that are available for XPG

Q23000K 7A3 (90 minimum CRI) NEW
Q4 2900k 8A4 tint
R4 4000k 5B3 tint /5B2
R4 5000k 3C tint
R5 5500k
- 2T tints (Cool White comparable to WH tint)
S2 6300k - 1T tints (coolwhite comparable to WF tint)

DUAL XPG (Linger Special)$45 Any of the above bins are possible / 3 amp 2.8-6 volts max *Floody* (levels available are same as XML) some center clutter is visible in beam

DBS MODULES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST for most emitters / brass pill only no reflector/ same price as regular modules, potting is included on these also.
__________________________________________________ ______________________
TWO NEW NICHIA 219B

Nichia CRI92 NVSL219B- R85 B220 4500k 90 CRI neutral ($35)
Nichia NVSL219B 90 CRI 5015K neutral ($35)

Driver Levels the same as the XPG's above

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Cree XRE - XPE -$30 -
1.5 amp with memory
2.8 - 6 volts 3 level regulated Low/ med / high
2.8-6 volts 5 levels regulated - high / med / low / SOS/ strobe
2.8-6 volts 4 level regulated starlight / low / med / high

3.6 -16V regulated @ 1.4 amps - 1 levels

XPE Good Throw
R2 or R3
available coolwhite / (Q3 5B)
neutral /warm tints
XPE Green , real Red, Amber /Blue

XRE (Good Throw )
R2 flux WF tint
Q45B neutral
8E7 warm white
Green/ blue/ royale blue colors

Smooth OR OP reflectors are available

Optics are for XRE emitters only
/ Cool white , neutral white and warm whites.
8degree/ 60 degree.
$37 for module and 1 optic $40 with 2 optics
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Cree MCE $ 50 - GOOD FLOOD

1 - 3 or 5 level regulated
2.8 - 6 volts

Cool - M bin WD, WG
Cool - Nbin no tint supplied but pure white
Neutral - Kbin 5B tint
Warm bins JE5, JE6, KA3

LUMINUS SST SERIES LEDS

Luminus SST-50 - $55 -

2.8 -6volts only *good throw with adequate spill*

direct drive
1 Level direct drive

Regulated with memory offered with same amperages as XML's listed above
1 level
3 level -- Low - Med - high
3 level -- low- high- strobe

Flux Bins are

6500K Cool White
(W65S-GJ102-WJ-G4 )
5700k (w57S-GJ201-WJ-H4 )
4500k (w45S-GJ400-WJ-P3 )

Luminus SST -90 -$70 -

2.8 -6 volts only *Floody*

1 Levels direct drive or regulated drivers with memory with the same amperage drivers used with XML's above and same levels

6500 (W65S-WN-G3 )
5700k (W57S-WN-H4)

Green - Red
- Blue Colered SST90's also available

OSRAM IR LEDS

Osram Oslon Black IR $40 (850 940nm)-2.8v- 6 volts /1 level / 3 level - 2.8-6 volts
Generic Quad Die 10watt IR great for night pictures

I try to keep the above listed led's in stock, I also try to keep the newest and most popular bins and color temps from cool whites / neutrals / and warm white and high CRI models.

Now as to levels in drivers , most of the time the levels are fixed and can't be changed. As new drivers become available the offerings will change on this page so please check it first. I often will have to change depending on what drivers I have available to me at the time so please check this page and I will update as needed.

Please specify what host and batts you are using when inquiring about a module or led. Just remember if you don't see it or don't understand something just write as I don't mind helping but check this page first. These are not try and buy ask if you don't understand!

Now that said the search button for this forum has a wealth of knowledge, much more than I can ever remember and usually with in days of a new led release runtimes and lumens are often posted please check the forum's search box as it is invaluable.

When ordering please post your order in this thread plus put details in Paypal notes of what emitter and tint ordered/ include choice of reflector / # of levels / check to see if shipping address is visible . Also please list CPF Nickname in paypal notes.

Shipping is 3 working days Although next day is not unusual Shipping confirmations are sent from Stamps.com when mailed

Make sure your address in paypal is correct becuase that IS WHERE IT WILL BE SENT.

If you want it mailed to an alternate address
from the paypal address please state I want my parcel sent to an alternate address if this is not done I will think it is a duplicate address and will send to what is listed on PP.

MY Paypal info in biography or PM for it / I do not send confirmations that I received your paypal if it is properly addressed then I WILL receive it, you should be receiving a receipt from paypal when sent if configured properly

1st class shipping is included CONUS
Domestic Priority is $5 for up to 4 modules

International shipping
is $12 for 1st class Int up to 3 modules , Priority Mail Int. is $23.95 up to 8 modules , express mail and more than 8 modules quoted.

Beam shots are posted below and new products will be posted below. Please send your beam shots and I will try to list when possible or create a link to them.

New offerings will be listed below as they become available under news.

XPG-2 modules can be found here

90 CRI XML modules can be found here

D36 for M STYLE and M to C lights are (HERE)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

IN NEED OF A HOST THEN HERE ARE SOME GREAT FORUM MEMBERS THAT CAN HELP

Here on BST Five Mega hosts are some of my favorites and here is the new coolys

On marketplace get Fivemega 18mm Bodies in Multiple Sizes from Wonderlite and Jason will take good care of you.

For milling of maglites and general millwork Will Quiles is the master and can be found (HERE)

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XPG-2-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI

This is where I will post news of new emitters / drivers and such.

11/9/2012

New U3 flux 1C modules now available.

Also there are no 3C 5000k they are now 3B's and according to the packing slip they are U2 flux even though I ordered T6's they will routinely upgrade when new product arrives. I will check lumens a bit later.

I also have new drivers that are stock 3 amps check above for the new levels.

thanks

Dave

Last edited:

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules -warm, neutral, cool white/XRE-XPE-XPG-XPG-2-XML-U3 / NICHIA 92CRI

any update on the black oslon ir please, or do i look elsewhere?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

any update on the black oslon ir please, or do i look elsewhere?

Hi

I had to get rid of the 100 bucks worth of platinum dragons that few asked for asked for and that I ordered before these came to light. Now I hate getting stuck with emitters so I limit new emitters but I have now sold a few of the platinum dragon so I have a couple of the oslons they are $40 smooth or op. 1 or 3 levels.

Dave

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave-
Do u think u will ever have the 2mode XML drivers in stock again?

Don't need anything ATM but am thinking a Linger w XPG2 neutrals would be pretty bright as a flood.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave-
Do u think u will ever have the 2mode XML drivers in stock again?

Don't need anything ATM but am thinking a Linger w XPG2 neutrals would be pretty bright as a flood.

Hi

No promises, my vendor has changed manufacturers and I am quite impressed with the quality of the drivers. Just don't know at this time. If enough call for it I may find a different source for it.

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
NB, I'm in the process of hunting down a yellow fluorescent Surefire G3 body in the MP and i plan on putting two 17500 Li-ions in it. That being said, this light I'd likely keep in the car.

do you think I should do a T40 flux bin 5B3 4000k neutral white on a 1 level 2.2 amps 3.6-16 volts driver?

alternately, do you think I should scrap that idea and get a 3 level .8v-3 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights and put two AAs in the G3 body powering a Nichia 219?

apparently I can use the metal Z44 bezels on the G3 so that should aid in heat management if I went for a 2.2 amp XM-L, but I'm tempted by the low voltage idea, too.

do you have experience or knowledge from customers' using a similar setup on what most people do that you've seen?

I realize the XM-L at 2.2A will put out a whole ton more light and this may be an unfair comparison, but I'm assuming two AAs on a low voltage/draw driver like you offer will give potentially the same runtime as a low(er) amperage XM-L on two 1100 mAh Li-ions, I'd guess

edit: I will say I'm leaning to the XM-L but that'd be a ton of light in a dark car cabin potentially

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
NB, I'm in the process of hunting down a yellow fluorescent Surefire G3 body in the MP and i plan on putting two 17500 Li-ions in it. That being said, this light I'd likely keep in the car.

do you think I should do a T40 flux bin 5B3 4000k neutral white on a 1 level 2.2 amps 3.6-16 volts driver?

alternately, do you think I should scrap that idea and get a 3 level .8v-3 volts for low voltage for A / AA lights and put two AAs in the G3 body powering a Nichia 219?

apparently I can use the metal Z44 bezels on the G3 so that should aid in heat management if I went for a 2.2 amp XM-L, but I'm tempted by the low voltage idea, too.

do you have experience or knowledge from customers' using a similar setup on what most people do that you've seen?

I realize the XM-L at 2.2A will put out a whole ton more light and this may be an unfair comparison, but I'm assuming two AAs on a low voltage/draw driver like you offer will give potentially the same runtime as a low(er) amperage XM-L on two 1100 mAh Li-ions, I'd guess

edit: I will say I'm leaning to the XM-L but that'd be a ton of light in a dark car cabin potentially

HI

Well just remember that if the li ions are 1100 mah that is what you need to figure runtime with since running li ions in series only adds voltage not capacity. So if you are running a XML @2.2 amps you will get 30 minutes runtime, where as you would get about 80 minutes with the nichia since most AA NIMH are around 2200 mah.

Now another route might be to order a solarforce P1 emergency yellow host from my site and use 18650's in it and get 2 to 3 times the runtime. The solarforce P1's are metal inner body with a fiberglass coating and I carry that host in olive and yellow. With this host you can carry a 5 level Nichia if wanted with moonlight.

Of course you may like the feel and length of a G3.

Dave

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

I have been using these new 3 amp drivers and I really like them. Between the U3 emitters that are about pure white and the 3 amps drivers the brightness has increased substantially. The nice thing about the 3 amp is that while brighter you don't get the instant drop off in lumens that you do when when using the XML's at higher amperage on 18650's.

For those of you that like the 5 level 1.5 amp drivers I use with the XPG2's you will also like the new 5 level with moonlight level for XML's. It is very close to the same levels as the 1.5 amp version.

Dave

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in the Cree UV XL 7090. Will this LED light up tennis balls? I like to go hunting for tennis balls at night. $45 because I'm too cheap to buy new tennis balls :/

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the Cree UV XL 7090. Will this LED light up tennis balls? I like to go hunting for tennis balls at night. $45 because I'm too cheap to buy new tennis balls :/

Hi

I really don't know but I can check tonight and see if it does. It makes most items like that show up but I really have to check. I also will check the Blue XTE as it is much brighter and if it does tennis balls like it does hunter orange it would be the ticket. I put one together the other day and used it coming out of the woods I was amazed at the distance that my buddies hat shined, it looked like his head was on fire it was quite startling.
I will check them both out.

Dave

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
Oh Cool. Never heard of Blue XTE before. But if it lights tennis balls up better than the 7090, then I'm in for one.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Cool. Never heard of Blue XTE before. But if it lights tennis balls up better than the 7090, then I'm in for one.

HI

OK i did not have a tennis ball but did have a dog toy with the same covering also I did not have a 7090 built but had a 365nm ledgine built and it did light up the material but gives much less visible light and would be much harder to navigate. The royal blue XTE also lit up the material and I think did a better job as it is much brighter and since it has more visible light you can also navigate buy it. Either can be ran from a 18650 or primaries.

Let me know what you think and if you have any other questions. By the way the XTE is one of the newer emitters from cree and is quite bright with the form factor of a XPG type emitter.

Dave

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
Let's see....there are a few options, all of which are okay by me:
1. I can wait for you to test both the 7090 and XTE it on a real tennis ball to see which lights up the tennis ball more (You can just power up the LED and hold the ball over it. No need to build a P60 module)
2. What about building a "Linger special" with both 7090 and XTE? Is this a possibility and what would it cost? That'd be one BAMF light :)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see....there are a few options, all of which are okay by me:
1. I can wait for you to test both the 7090 and XTE it on a real tennis ball to see which lights up the tennis ball more (You can just power up the LED and hold the ball over it. No need to build a P60 module)
2. What about building a "Linger special" with both 7090 and XTE? Is this a possibility and what would it cost? That'd be one BAMF light :)

Hi

No it is not possible to combine a XRE style emitter with a XPG type emitter. The material that coats the dog toys is the same material as a tennis ball and the same yellow color. I can get a tennis ball to test but I can not give a time line on acquiring it as I live 25 to 30 minutes to a store that would carry them.

Dave

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
Well, okay. If you're confident it's the same material, then let's do it. PM me how much I owe you including shipping for the XTE module.

donscpoo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave

PP ID1VP15547AU897403K sent for the following.

CREE XML P60 S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k 90 cri
3 lvl - L/M/H Regulated with memory
2.8-6V 3A
OP Reflector
$40

CREE XP-G2 P60 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6V 1.4A
Smooth Reflector
$35

NICHIA P60 4500k 92CRI neutral
2.8-6V 1.4A
OP Reflector
$35

Total modules: 3
Total cost: $110

I will be using the them with primaries in a Solarforce L2P. I was unable to state this in my PP message due to the length limit.

Thanks

Don

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave

PP ID1VP15547AU897403K sent for the following.

CREE XML P60 S6 flux 7A2 tint 3200k 90 cri
2.8-6V 3A
OP Reflector
$40

CREE XP-G2 P60 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6V 1.4A
Smooth Reflector
$35

NICHIA P60 4500k 92CRI neutral
2.8-6V 1.4A
OP Reflector
$35

Total modules: 3
Total cost: $110

I will be using the them with primaries in a Solarforce L2P. I was unable to state this in my PP message due to the length limit.

Thanks

Don

Hi Don

Modules have shipped

Thanks

Dave

nobbybonez

Newly Enlightened

Hi

I had to get rid of the 100 bucks worth of platinum dragons that few asked for asked for and that I ordered before these came to light. Now I hate getting stuck with emitters so I limit new emitters but I have now sold a few of the platinum dragon so I have a couple of the oslons they are $40 smooth or op. 1 or 3 levels.

Dave

hi dave

i'm looking to host this in a solarforce l2p, how best to power it please?
i would be looking for op reflector left loose and int. shipping... $45 total?

thx

nobby