Building my custom (Now with pics!)

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to some very special friends here, I'm now on the way to build a triple xpg for my SF E1e. I will be using a amc7135 *8 driver board, custom MCPCB (special thanks to Mattaus for helping me. Without his help I'd be lost) Also thanks to Dan aka electronguru for the inspiration(copper e series triple). I will be reflowing the LEDs on the custom pcb myself :). The heatsink will be either copper or brass. Havent made my mind up yet, because this light won't be running continuous all the time, so I don't think heat will be an issue. My friend at work will be helping with the machining and heatsink. I'll update this thread as necessary with pics and info. Thanks CPF!

Last edited:

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Building my custom

A small update an I found a great DIY way to unscrew those pita heads. I had a small toaster oven so I decided to use it to heat up the e head(Incan style). 200 degrees f and about 5 minutes :). But wait, I don't have strap wrenches and pliers will scratch the anno. So what I did is took a small hose clamp and tightened around the the round surface, as the other side has a hex pattern. Used a adjustable wrench and pliers on the hose clamp, and it worked like a charm. No scratches :).

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Re: Building my custom

First is the bored e head, Thanks to my machinist friend David :tu:

th_148.jpg

Then some drivers courtesy of Shining Beam. 2.8 mA

th_149.jpg

XPG cool tint Thanks to Vinguygen

th_150.jpg

Narrow beam optics

th_151.jpg

Group shot

th_152.jpg

All thats left is the custom pcbs from Mattus and to make the heatsink

And a pic of the pcbs

[http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/...-AC65-D2A2FA124F93-49922-0000193CC5F3516F.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1e driven at 2.8A from a 16340? Isn't that going to pull 5 or 6C from that cell? Hope you're going to use an IMR cell. Even with a CR123a it's going to pull 2C, but, probably less because of the lower voltage of the cell.

tattoosteve99

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a Ti clicky switch that will fit in this? I want to upgrade the current one to make this my ultimate Edc flashlight.