General opinion on eagletac

stephan van straaten

Newly Enlightened
Hi.
I want to get some opinions on eagletac, as they are not available in my country, south africa.
What is the general view on ET, and has anyone had any problems with them.
Thanks.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have two ET lights (P20C2 and P20A2). They work good and feel solid.

Mine are XP-G R5 models. The light output is very good. A very nice balance of throw and flood.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 D25A Ti NWs. All have some QC issues like pinched o rings, a missing lens, unfinished threads (needed to force cut the last mm of rotation to get one light on turbo), various degrees of PWM, but all three have serial numbers within 100 of each other so could be just a bad batch.

Still, I love the light, handsome, tiny, moonlight, buried disco, useable blinkies, quick reset (can go back to low), with nice beam and runtime.

harro

Enlightened
I own a PN20A2, good little EDC light,
M3C4SST50, spot/some flood,
M3C4XML, spot/some flood,
M3C4triXPGR5, flood,
M3C4triXML, flood,
They,re all good, each with their own characteristics. If you're going to buy any M3C4 lights, just take care with the small allen head screws that hold the plain/switched tailcaps in position. A lot of people strip threads or break heads off the screws. Just make sure the O ring is seated correctly and dont be too heavy handed with the allen key when tightening.
Have a look at selfbuilts light reviews on ET. He calls it as he see's it, and informative too.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
I've only got one, a D25LC2 clicky ,which I've had for about a month but so far it's great. My dealer on this light will handle all the warranty work so I'm not worried. The 10 yr. warranty is one of the longest around.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

^Thats a great analogy of how good Eagletac lights really are. They are like a guy eating popcorn. They are that good!

Seriously, I own 2 of them now. I have the G25C2 and the D25C Ti. I used to have the D25A ti, but I made the mistake of getting the warm tint version which was too yellow, so I sold it and never replaced it because I bought other AA lights.

But I think the G25C2 is just a great tactical light, and probably about the best one you can buy for $100. It does everything well. There really isnt anything about it I dont like as far as function. I like the look of my Sunwayman T20CS a little better, but the ET G25C2 is a better light. As I recall, they have a good warranty too, and they do have US based cust service.

The D25C Ti clicky is a nice light too.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
^Thats a great analogy of how good Eagletac lights really are. They are like a guy eating popcorn. They are that good!

Seriously, I own 2 of them now. I have the G25C2 and the D25C Ti. I used to have the D25A ti, but I made the mistake of getting the warm tint version which was too yellow, so I sold it and never replaced it because I bought other AA lights.

But I think the G25C2 is just a great tactical light, and probably about the best one you can buy for $100. It does everything well. There really isnt anything about it I dont like as far as function. I like the look of my Sunwayman T20CS a little better, but the ET G25C2 is a better light. As I recall, they have a good warranty too, and they do have US based cust service.

The D25C Ti clicky is a nice light too.

I agree with this statement.

I have 3 G25C2 lights, a D25C2, & Nitecore TM11's and a TM15 for power needs.

The Eagletac G25C2 can run on three 18650 batteries for long extended time or just two, three, or four Surefire 123 for when charging is not possible. :thumbsup:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with this statement.

I have 3 G25C2 lights, a D25C2, & Nitecore TM11's and a TM15 for power needs.

The Eagletac G25C2 can run on three 18650 batteries for long extended time or just two, three, or four Surefire 123 for when charging is not possible. :thumbsup:

Wow, you have 3 G25C2's? Do you use them regularly for work?

If I had to choose a tactical light from the 18 lights I own, it would be the G25C2 easily. Its just tougher, has an easier to use and more reliable UI. I bought the folding diffuser lens for it, which I mostly use as a main lens protector that I can fold closed to prevent any scratches or dings.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are Eagletac's really good? I'm still a bit clueless on their flashlight offerings... hmmm...

stephan van straaten

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys.
It seems like the general view is that they are pretty good.
Most of the lights we get here are maglite and led lenser.
If you know where to look you can find fenix and surfire, but are very expensive.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several ET lights. Lots of included accessories and optional accessories. Fair price, decent build quality, beautiful packaging, terrific website, unsurpassed 10 years warranty. And i had already interaction with customer service .. been brilliantly served by Christina!!

Eagletac got lots of attention in 2012 due to their Titanium offerings (Mini and Clicky), the G25C2 Mk1 and Mk2, and the D25-series. Their new X25-series is more for LEO's. The T20C2 is already a timeless classic of its own with user-replaceable LED drop-in modules and is maybe still the most representative Eagletac flashlight of the ET catalog.

Last edited:

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I have at least 7 ET lights.....the ti twisty is hard to twist....the clicky versions are awesome. The g2 MK is awesome. The mX25l2 is crazy bright. really like em......

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for the fine print about the actual ANSI or OTF lumen output, which they will list somewhere on the page. They have been known to feature a headline of "emitter lumens", to inflate the appearance of higher output than it can really give.
"Out the front"(OTF) lumens are what you will get at turn-on.
"ANSI" lumens are what can be sustained for at least a short time.
"Emitter lumens" is something that you NEVER get in your visible beam. It's an advertising gimmick which does not include the internal losses in the light, and often represent 15% more than you get in the real world.

To be fair, Eagletac is not the only Chinese maker to use this gimmick, but they know better, and are still using it, which leads me to feel less than trusting toward them.
One could say "caveat emptor", I suppose.

Last edited:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The D25A Ti neutral is my absolute favorite EDC and has been for quite a while. Had some issues at the beginning with loose driver board but otherwise it's been fantastic.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several ET lights. Lots of included accessories and optional accessories. Fair price, decent build quality, beautiful packaging, terrific website, unsurpassed 10 years warranty. And i had already interaction with customer service .. been brilliantly served by Christina!!

Just curious if ET has any CS/RMA location in the US, or is only Asia. (I think you're located in Europe?)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for the fine print about the actual ANSI or OTF lumen output, which they will list somewhere on the page. They have been known to feature a headline of "emitter lumens", to inflate the appearance of higher output than it can really give.
"Out the front"(OTF) lumens are what you will get at turn-on.
"ANSI" lumens are what can be sustained for at least a short time.
"Emitter lumens" is something that you NEVER get in your visible beam. It's an advertising gimmick which does not include the internal losses in the light, and often represent 15% more that you get in the real world.

To be fair, Eagletac is not the only Chinese maker to use this gimmick, but they know better, and are still using it, which leads me to feel less than trusting toward them.
One could say "caveat emptor", I suppose.

I agree on emitter lumens BS in their banner pages... who cares about that. At least they indicate correct OTF numbers in their detailed specs. I will say that I just rigged my DSLR to work as lumen meter and I've found their OTF numbers to be spot on! Wish I could say the same from some other manufacturers :-(.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious if ET has any CS/RMA location in the US, or is only Asia.
Yes i am in EU.

Afaik all repairs and such take place in Asia. Either you ship the flashlight or part to the China factory or your dealer does. I dont know much about the US location, sorry.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks... I went through a US dealer that will take of me through warranty, but they're changing their policy for future sales. While ETs warranty is certainly one of the better ones among Asian manufacturers, the cost and time of the shipping sometimes makes it borderline worthwhile.