After a wall of light...

ateallthepies

Enlightened
Hey all,

I am after a floody light as I have throw quite well covered with my current lights. I suppose my most floody light is the Jetbeam PA40 so something 'better' than this would be cool.

I was thinking of buying a first Malkoff light. The Wildcat looks awesome and would have been first choice if it was not for the shipping and import charges to the UK which bumps up the price in the region of $300/£190!

What else is comparable to the Wildcat from the mainstream vendors, pretty much every manufacturer is available here?

I would like to stay below $240/£150 if possible but if there is nothing that compares to the Malkoff in that price range I may well go for it?

Thanks for any ideas,

Steve.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Wildcat. It's in a class by itself.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Have you considered using diffuser film on the lens of a flashlight? Problem solved!

Otherwise, look at other multi-LED lights like the Thrunite TN30 or the Sunwayman T60CS.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
SK King. I don't think there is a better light for the money if you looking for a wall of light. Awesome flooder with over 2000otf and still reasonable throw of about 300M. Compact size too - about the size of a coke can. Costs are usually in the $60 area. And quality is on par with lights costing many more times what it does.
Here's a tree shot at a 100M -
KING-100.jpg

Ragnar66

Enlightened
The sunwayman t60cs is biggest wall I have goin......amazing.....waiting for my the fenix tk 75 It looks great. Also the tm11 and the jrtbeam rrt 3 are lights that I had that are big walls

JeffN

Enlightened
SK King. I don't think there is a better light for the money if you looking for a wall of light. Awesome flooder with over 2000otf and still reasonable throw of about 300M. Compact size too - about the size of a coke can. Costs are usually in the $60 area. And quality is on par with lights costing many more times what it does.

+1. It put my other big guns on the shelf. RIDICULOUS amount of light for the price.